Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My new Mongoose jetter.

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
    Typical of the Irish. Did you check to see that they put the drains in right..............heheheeheheheheeee.
    BTW where did you get your water from?????????? I take it you aren't allowed to play with the hydrant that is next to your Mongoose...........
    I filled at my place first, it was easy, close, and didn't want to hassle it. We can fill from hydrants, but I need a meter, permit etc, and that will probably never happen.

Comment

ive done the hydrant on a couple occasions.

at the fire department that was under construction and for the water and power company on their job. otherwise I pull up and start filling. stretch out hoses and ready to jet in about 10 minutes. I need about 75 gallons to startup with. I hold 200 gallons when full , and keep the hose running as need. we have good pressure and I use a 3/4'' jumper hose for filling.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

i only have one thing to say that jetter looks like crap behind your truck.

it would look better behind mine

LOL
        Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
        1-920-284-7471

Comment

Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
          i only have one thing to say that jetter looks like crap behind your truck.

it would look better behind mine

LOL
          Haha, I love my new jetter. Smile.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhal22 View Post
            Man I can't wait for mine. I just need to pull the trigger. The remote is such a great extra.

David
            I never need a remote because I always bring a guy with me but today they where all on important jobs so I went with my old remote; it is the hose wrapped around a tree to the right length and then a cinder block of concrete on top of the hose so it can't move and I ran 400 feet back and forth 20 times, man I am tired lol
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Bryce when that hose accidently pulls out, you wish you had all the guys there to help you to the hospital.

Give me a call and ill give you the details of a remote I made that was under 300.00 with all the electronics and it blows away the 5000.00 one usjetting sold me.

Pretty simple principle that gave me water on,, off and 50%. Range was well over 500'.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Why can't you just use a jumper hose and control the entire operation with a foot pedal or ball valve?
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  Why can't you just use a jumper hose and control the entire operation with a foot pedal or ball valve?
                  That's a good call,, and reminds me I have to ask my rep is it OK to,, while running at full bore,, is it hard on the jetter to use a foot valve BECAUSE I was told by him to lower the r's down before shutting off water as to not prematurely wear out the water on off valve. But an er is an er and water off or the engine shut down on the remote can be used but don't make a habit out of it.

Comment

I got the nozzle w/ the skid today. At the moment I will keep the nozzel if it centers up when under pressure. As I was told it would. That will be determined soon as I'm going to set up a test asap.
                    But I'm sending the swivel joint and skid back. As I told him I would if if I couldn't get the skid past a Santee on its back,,,, and I couldn't, (they are used for c/o around here often).
                    That being said the sharpness on the front tip is impressive and feels line a solid German nozzel. And it's maintenance free.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      it can be done with a large enough unloader. I did it with my last jetter and it worked great, saved the burst disc from bursting.

a foot pedal would have to be a large hi flow model. otherwise a high pressure ball valve will work. or better yet, a 3 way ball valve that will allow bypass unloaded without the head pressure. just dump the water. similar to a large dump gun water lance.

my new jetter has an unloader and it's plumbed right after the pump. hi flow and high pressure. still use the remote as I use the unloader to protect the burst disc. more like a pressure regulator.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Performed a field test with the Keg micro mini cutter.
                        I was impressed.... I forgot to check the gauges on the jetter for a more in depth review. But i will say as you watch the video and hear me say water on, that is at idle,,,,, and it didnt take much more to get it spinning and when it got to humming bird status, (nozzle nick name is humming bird) i was about 1/2 2/3rd power. I'm very happy with what i saw and feel confident i can bush it down and get some good results with my 3/8 hose should i need or want to use it with that hose.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BTg3tNW2gM

Comment

Robert, nice video. would like to see the same test on some clay pipe you set up with roots.

looks like it spins and lifts off to center it nicely. any wire cables to use instead of the chain?

the abs nowadays is foam core and you cut through the layer of abs into the core.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

I have that same nozzle with the skid but I have never used it. I bought it for grout poured by tile guys down a drain. I wondered if it lifted up now I feel like trying it out thanks for the video.
                            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

With all due respect I don't need to see what it can do with roots, especially hangers. It's seem obvious it would be productive. The main reason I got it was for hangers and grease. I'll go warthog first then use this to purdy up things. I noticed when I left my 1/2 warthog on a spot in clay to long it stated to ground the clay away. I can only assume a quick back and forth at some residual roots and see ya wouldn't want to be ya would be the result. I'll monitor the results with camera and go at quick and short intervals. It also has an impressive way of holding the chain, that you (meaning u, rick) could for sure attach a cable gig, me might take a while to figure out. I'll take a close up of what I'm talking about and maybe you could give me an idea. Smile

Comment

The Allen screw with post holds down the chain.
                                I was thinking of cutting off a link and thread some bailing wire roped up a tad to an open hole on the chain for starters.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X