Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My new Mongoose jetter.

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
    I have that same nozzle with the skid but I have never used it. I bought it for grout poured by tile guys down a drain. I wondered if it lifted up now I feel like trying it out thanks for the video.
    You bought a 1k nozzle (with skid 15??) and havent tried it yet? You must not be ocd. Yeah it centered up awesomely and sounded very powerful, a definitely go to nozzel for drama.

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
      You bought a 1k nozzle (with skid 15??) and havent tried it yet? You must not be ocd. Yeah it centered up awesomely and sounded very powerful, a definitely go to nozzel for drama.
      Yea I know it can be used without the chains just have not needed it because the 1/2' Root Ranger has been able to do everything I needed, been waiting for the chains to be needed. I think I paid around 1600 with skid did they come down in price to 1g?
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

1100 w/o the skid and swival and just under 1600 with it.

Comment

Did a couple jetter jobs today. This are drain was jammed pack with roots. I fashioned a safe entry by extending the line with a 3x2 wye. Because at where I entered it was packed, also broken.
          I used the warthog and my new keg Hummingbird nozzels. At about 10 ft I hit what seemed like solid wood with the warthog, and it wouldn't go any further. Changed to the keg Hummingbird, and bam city baby, it went through, then got stuck another 7 ft or so with that,,, and then switched back to the warthog,,,,, that got through, (I didn't want to chance spinning the chain in unknown flimsy pipe). Then the same scenario 1 more time. Got through about 65 ft of jammed pack solid roots to Street in about 1.5 hrs. 1/2 warthog and this Hummingbird chain flail nozzles with 18gpm etc rock. Lotsa fun.
          The wye set up worked great it took most of the blow back as I worked about 10 ft up stream.
          Attached Files

Comment

This is my other jetter job today. Sorry for the poor narration in the clip.
            It basically goes as this.
            Restored flow,,, camera,, warthog,, camera, warthog, then the chain flail to finish it off. fun fun, i love roots in sewers.
            A note. The clay is the city lateral which is 6 inch,,, as the black is abs 4inch. Also note no damage from the chain. I made a 6 inch chain and it was fine starting out in 4 inch. Another really cool thing about the Hummingbird,, it goes forward and back in the line like a hot knife through butter. Easy peesy, nice and easy.
            At the end of the clip if you listen you'll hear my mini come whirling out of the drum as I wasn't paying close enough attention. Lol
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkOz_mOyuR4
            Last edited by theplungerman; 11-14-2013, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the video.....I'm done trying to upsize my jetter. I just learned by watching that my 4 gpm 3500 psi root ranger setup is WAY more effective then a 18 gpm 4000 psi warthog. But your hummingbird is impressive but also cost more then my entire jetter setup.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Had 2 today that another plumber tried to sell them a $9600.00 repipe under the house saying the lines were broken and leaking under the house. Of course I knew they weren't based on my camera inspection. Turned out to be 56' in from my new cleanout which was 26' past the house.

Saved the owner $9600.00 and they didn't have to pay the $595.00 bill from saturdays call when they first came out. 2 guys 6 hours each and never cleared the line, but wrote a $9600 estimate for the pipe replacement under the house that wouldn't have fixed the problem.

Job # 2 today. Another miserable 4" cast iron line around a pool to 65' to the city alley saddle. Problem was there were 9 changes of direction and only me to try and soap up the line to pull out my hose and nozzle. Jetter made it to the main, but played hell getting it back.

City relined the main last year and the roots are coming up from the city main between the liner and the clay main. City says its the owners problem. Thyre going to camera and jet the city main tomorrow and see if they can cut out the roots at the saddle from their end.

9 changes of direction with no other cleanouts is crazy. Pool was put in after and the line was rerouted by the pool contractor. Second time this year with an identical pipe layout also in beverly hills.

Rick.
                Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 11-14-2013, 11:05 PM.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  Thanks for the video.....I'm done trying to upsize my jetter. I just learned by watching that my 4 gpm 3500 psi root ranger setup is WAY more effective then a 18 gpm 4000 psi warthog. But your hummingbird is impressive but also cost more then my entire jetter setup.
                  I beg to differ,, A side note, that first warthog pass through the 6 inch clay was a fly through as fast as I could, hence the tunnel effect. I did that be cuz I wanted to see the entire run to city for overall conditions and results attained with video proof. My first camera pass I got stuck about 5 feet in. Of which I edited out. I also wanted to work backwards but it was to jammed up, so I massaged the warthog down the line the second time. Which gave excellent results, I then finished off those 2 or 3 hangers with the Hummingbird.
                  Last edited by theplungerman; 11-14-2013, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    Had 2 today that another plumber tried to sell them a $9600.00 repipe under the house saying the lines were broken and leaking under the house. Of course I knew they weren't based on my camera inspection. Turned out to be 56' in from my new cleanout which was 26' past the house.

Saved the owner $9600.00 and they didn't have to pay the $595.00 bill from saturdays call when they first came out. 2 guys 6 hours each and never cleared the line, but wrote a $9600 estimate for the pipe replacement under the house that wouldn't have fixed the problem.

Job # 2 today. Another miserable 4" cast iron line around a pool to 65' to the city alley saddle. Problem was there were 9 changes of direction and only me to try and soap up the line to pull out my hose and nozzle. Jetter made it to the main, but played hell getting it back.

City relined the main last year and the roots are coming up from the city main between the liner and the clay main. City says its the owners problem. Thyre going to camera and jet the city main tomorrow and see if they can cut out the roots at the saddle from their end.

9 changes of direction with no other cleanouts is crazy. Pool was put in after and the line was rerouted by the pool contractor. Second time this year with an identical pipe layout also in beverly hills.

Rick.
                    Great save on the 9600 hundred. Those jobs are awesome. The word of mouth is invaluable from those jobs and in the end puts more money in your pocket than a high dollar repair,,, and keeps you as busy as you want until the big plumber in the sky calls you home.
                    9 changes of direction,, ouch,,

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
                      I beg to differ,, A side note, that first warthog pass through the 6 inch clay was a fly through as fast as I could, hence the tunnel effect. I did that be cuz I wanted to see the entire run to city for overall conditions and results attained with video proof. My first camera pass I got stuck about 5 feet in. Of which I edited out. I also wanted to work backwards but it was to jammed up, so I massaged the warthog down the line the second time. Which gave excellent results, I then finished off those 2 or 3 hangers with the Hummingbird.
                      So how long did the warthog spin against those roots in the second time?
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        So how long did the warthog spin against those roots in the second time?
                        I can't remember exactly, I did a 2 push in and a 1 little pull back, then when at City saddle, I put in camera and worked back at the few remaining clumps, maybe 30 40 minutes. I remember thinking, wow that was fast for that many roots. 17ft to 49ft of mostly roots in 6 inch clay, 32 ft, I was impressed, and I'm just starting to learn.
                        And what was really impressive was the area drain job after that but posted 1st. 65ft of solid root impaction, I was like yeah buddy. When I drove out the driveway and looked back to make sure the trailer was clearing properly and I could see the pretty big blue engine shroud, I said,,, thank you, I love you. Lol
                        Last edited by theplungerman; 11-15-2013, 09:29 AM.

Comment

That's awesome man. Always great when a tool investment pays off. Glad to see you're putting it to use right away.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

Rick.
                            A liner from the lateral to the main does not fix the stub and a city sewer reline does not fix the stub, but a LMK T-Liner is made to fix the stub but the city has to put one in from there side.
                            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I discussed that with the city yesterday. not going to do it as there is no need for that. they claim no roots can come between the liner and the 8'' clay. that the liner seals the pipe 100% and nothing will get around the cutout for the lateral. bs. I've seen it myself with my camera.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

I buffed out the aluminum tool boxes. Going for the wizz bang effect.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X