X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Mongoose jetter.

It shipped today and Jennifer the sales coordinator sent me these pics. The shipping guy called and said he will be here Tuesday.
    The salesman won't be able to train me until after that, I asked for some instructions in a pdf file before it gets here. It comes with a cd manual on the do's and don't.
    I'm not a reader of instructions kind of guy. I just hope I don't paint someone's bathroom with sewer goop. Or blast an eye out, etc. etc.
    Attached Files

Re: My new Mongoose jetter.

Man that's a good looking jetter right there. Congrats on the purchase and hope it gets you lots of work. What nozzles did you get with it?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Thanks, I'm excited.
      It comes with a 1/2 inch warthog, and a few of the usual's.
      plus i ordered the two following ones.
      TriStar 1/2" - Penetrators - 1/2" Nozzles - Smart Nozzles - Nozzles
      i want to give this a try, i used it as a bargaining chip as the next one also
      Snub Nose 1/2" - General Cleaning - Standard Nozzles - Nozzles

I also bought a 3/8 warthog, (the head changes slightly after 8gpm, or somewhere in that range ) with the basic aqua mole penetrator, flusher nozzels for the 3/8 and 1/4 jetter hoses I also bought, all from AJ Coleman. A great Co. Good prices.
      I also purchased a dolly mount and caddy mount reel for those hoses from coxsreels.
      Time to go to work.
      Last edited by theplungerman; 10-17-2013, 09:46 PM.

Comment

A lota jealous dudes here tonight !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Looks great man congrats! I think you should order a 1/2" rootranger from the jetters edge. I use the warthog for the major amount of the work and when I run into roots that are like fingers I blast them with the 1/2" rootranger. Or elese it takes a lot more time going over and over the same spot with the warthog.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Robert, it was less than a year ago when you came to help out and learn some jetting tricks. Now you're going big time.

Remember things happen much faster with more water and pressure. That could be good or a disaster. Just the air flow alone will burp toilets. Doesn't even need to back up.

1/2" rootranger will cut everything. But remember that its all blow back. Blow back makes things burp. Even with open cleanouts and vents. Caution needs to be taken when working anywhere near fixtures, especially toilets. Keep lids down and if need be saran wrap the open bowl or a rubber inflatable test weenie.

So now we can do double dooty.

Rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Cuda and rick, gear.

How do i turn my 3/8 root ranger 6gpm into 12gpm(the max 3/8 will do) or should I go 10gpm.
              Yeah the blow back on the root ranger at 6 was intense. Rick I remember when you shot your 1/2 root ranger in that line from the curb and it rocketed up 7ft vertically after 40 ft then whistled along the rest of the line. I'm not in a hurry to go rr until I get the hang of the warthogs. But I know it will be lethal. I'll carry serene rap and weenies. I blew water out of a 2nd Story toilet while going under it from an out side clean out with 6 so with 12 18 it's going to be big time time. Thanks again.

Comment

Any chance of blowing out the wax ring on a toilet ?
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Not really. Its just air causing the toilet to burp. Only water is what's in the bowl.

It would be like saying you ripped your pants when you farted.

Rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    ... a rubber inflatable test weenie.
                    Only on a plumbing forum can that be said with a straight face...
                    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
                      Only on a plumbing forum can that be said with a straight face...
                      Same reason why we can say ballcock, cock hole cover, sillcock, nipples, male fitting, ,female fitting, bunny box, and the mother of all "muff bag" I doubt too many know what that's in plumbing terms.

Doc, any good names in the tool repair business?

Rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Doc, any good names in the tool repair business?
                        Yep, but none beat 'petcock'... even us oldtimers usually just say 'fuel valve' to avoid the odd looks.
                        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Rick, what is this one like in comparison to your new one??????????

Comment

Very similar specs. His has a 5 piston pump and mine has a 3 piston.

Mine is an air cooled diesel hatz engine. His looks like a water cooled catapilar engine.

Same 4000#, 18 gpm.

I'll show him mine, if he shows me his

Rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Very similar specs. His has a 5 piston pump and mine has a 3 piston.

Mine is an air cooled diesel hatz engine. His looks like a water cooled catapilar engine.

Same 4000#, 18 gpm.

I'll show him mine, if he shows me his

Rick.
                              For sure, in fact I might ask you if you can train me on it,, lol.
                              It arrives Tues, salesmen will be back at plant, then has orange County trade show commitments, so I'll have it at least a week before he can show me how it works. I've read the pdf manual they sent me (52pgs). Plus he will be available by phone.
                              ....... So rich,,,, k How do i turn my 3/8 root ranger 6gpm into 12gpm(the max 3/8 will do) or should I go 10gpm. Thanks smile

Comment

Working...
                              X