X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1500 vs General Rodrunner

Picked up a 1500 and rodrunner along with 60' of ridgid 1-1/4" cable for a great deal. I have 130' of electric eel cable. Thinking of moving one of the machines and cable to use the money elsewhere but not sure which one. Thinking of keeping the rodrunner since it has a clutch, smaller footprint, can be used like an electric eel or 1500.

The advantages I can see to the 1500 is faster rpms...710 vs 485, ease of walking it around and more stabile during use. Does anyone have any opinions on either one? Here's a link to the Rodrunner
    Attached Files
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: K1500 vs General Rodrunner

The big difference is the amount of room to operate not the footprint.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I would go with the 1500 every time . Just my 2cents.

Comment

The rodrunner moving back and forth would need a smooth surface. Most outside cleanouts around here do not have that.
        The cable being held straight by the wall. That does not look good. If in landscaping it would be drawing mulch or rock to the cleanout. The splattering of sewer water off the cable(not good if inside).
        If you use the guide hose it would be like the K1500 but you have to take the switch pedal on and off of the machine to use.

The K-1500 with 710 rpm does more work which you will notice the more cable you sent out. Max cable is 200ft 1.25 cable. Your k60 does 600 rpm so you might not like the slower machine.
        You can also get 7/8 jaws for the K1500 which can handle 175 feet. Use as a back up for your k60.
        It looks like the K1500 might be a skinner machine.
        You could weld some brackets on the handles so you can carry a reel. Just an idea.
        You will like the more stable when hitting heavy roots.

You like the k-60 I know you will really like the K-1500. I am not familiar with the rodrunner but I do not like what I see from a practical stand point.
        Last edited by kol 15; 10-19-2013, 10:31 PM.
        Roots beware of the C snake with shark teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloPlumber View Post
          I would go with the 1500 every time . Just my 2cents.
          Why?
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Haven't torn into the 1500 yet but one thing I don't like about the rodrunner is no zerk fittings. Trying to push the handle down was darn near impossible. A little grease on the cam for the jaws and it operates smooth as can be.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              Haven't torn into the 1500 yet but one thing I don't like about the rodrunner is no zerk fittings. Trying to push the handle down was darn near impossible. A little grease on the cam for the jaws and it operates smooth as can be.
              Does this mean the machine has been sitting for awhile?
              In the pic the K1500 looks newer than the rodrunner.

Comment

Both of them were stored outside but bought brand new. Almost no wear on the parts like rear bushing to indicate alot of use. Just some surface rust. The 1500 had worn jaws but the owner just put in jaws in yesterday and shown the old worn jaws. Both would do great with some sanding and paint. Been playing scenarios in my mind and I think the rodrunner would be more versatile. It takes up about the same amount of space as 2) k60's next to each other.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Looks like the spec's of these two machine are pretty close to the same.
                  Why would one person have both these machines?

Comment

I have never used a General sectional. I've got a lot of experience with their drum machines and I don't much for them. There Super-Vee isn't bad, but there other drum machines are nothing to get get excited about. You liking the K50 and K60, the K1500 is a no brainer for you imo. How does the Rodrunner work like the Model C? The cable on a Model C hooks up to the front of the machine, does the Rodrunner do the same? Do you have good General support in your area? There no where to be found around me, yet I can get Ridgid parts all over town. I'd go with the K1500, or keep both!
                    Will Rogers Plumbing
                    Moore, Oklahoma
                    (
                    405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                    http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

One thing I do notice about the Rodrunner after watching those videos is the foot print of the Rodrunner look to be too small and short. I think it would be hard to operate it on some lawns. The Model C would be a much better option and has alot better foot print.

Do you have alot of gravel yards in your area? The Model C sucks when it comes to gravel, goes over grass with ease, but gravel is a different story. PITA, usaly have to put down plywood.
                      Will Rogers Plumbing
                      Moore, Oklahoma
                      (
                      405) 323-2852

Comment

I have the general model 82 and 88, along with the 1500.

The 82, 88 is pretty much identical to the model c.

The rod runner brings the model 82, 88 and 1500 into 1 hybrid machine. I thinks its the best of both worlds. Of course thats if you have room for it in the truck compared to a timberwolf.

I'd keep the rodrunner if it's functioning properly. Plus you wouldn't need any short cables as you can easily choke up on an 8', 10' or 15, section. Give it a shot ben. I think you'll like its functionality.

Of course I thought you were a jetterman. Just park it in the garage until your wife can't park the suv in there anymore. Then you'll need the man cave for more than 1 reason.

Rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Will, almost never see gravel out here. Usually it's just grass.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            Will, almost never see gravel out here. Usually it's just grass.
                            If it's grass, then sell the K1500 as it would be easier to sell than a Rodrunner. I'd prefer the the direct drive power of the Model C/Model 88 to the Rodrunner, but the Rodrunner would have it's advantages over the Model C too. I'd be willing to bet, 80%+ of your calls would still be done with the K60, so the Rodrunner could help you on sme of the tougher jobs.

Does it have a adjustable clutch for increasing/lowering the torque like the Model C does? I'm not sure if the Model 88 does, I've never seen one, Rick could answer that though.

The Model C aint the easiest or faster machine to operate, but I can guarantee if I can't get it open with the Model C, then it's going to need a back hoe.
                            Will Rogers Plumbing
                            Moore, Oklahoma
                            (
                            405) 323-2852

Comment

Working...
                            X