X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guide hose care

My guide hose was getting really stiff and then finally broke. Here is a picture of the old guide hose(the one that is straight) with the new guide hose. I was using the stiff guide hose so long that when I got the new guide hose I had a hard time hanging on to it because it was so flexible. I will start oiling my guide hose from now on.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	717fe5dfb2ebc8e833ab930332338f56.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	459.2 KB
ID:	17917
    Order guide hose from my local supplier and said it would arrive in four weeks. At the end of four week they said it is on back order. What! Called A. J. Coleman and I had the guide hose the next day. Wow! I know who I am calling when I need a part right away.
    Roots beware of the C snake with shark teeth.

Re: guide hose care

What did you use to oil the guide hose with?

I would think some oils might break it down.

Let us know how it works out.

Comment

check your messages
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by kol 15 View Post
        My guide hose was getting really stiff and then finally broke. Here is a picture of the old guide hose(the one that is straight) with the new guide hose. I was using the stiff guide hose so long that when I got the new guide hose I had a hard time hanging on to it because it was so flexible. I will start oiling my guide hose from now on.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	717fe5dfb2ebc8e833ab930332338f56.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	459.2 KB
ID:	17917
        Order guide hose from my local supplier and said it would arrive in four weeks. At the end of four week they said it is on back order. What! Called A. J. Coleman and I had the guide hose the next day. Wow! I know who I am calling when I need a part right away.
        Not just when you need it right away. I learned of a j from here and glad I did. They have good prices and great service.

Comment

Originally posted by fixitright View Post
          What did you use to oil the guide hose with?

I would think some oils might break it down.

Let us know how it works out.
          The first few times I used WD-40 waterproof. But I changed over to ultra lube which I found at Lowe's.

Ultra lube = multi purpose lubricant and penetrant. Plant base oil has 4 times the lubricity of petroleum base oils. More information at www. Ultra-Lube.com.

I was thinking this might be better than petroleum on the hose. Anybody have any good idea's?
          Roots beware of the C snake with shark teeth.

Comment

Working...
          X