Working On Roofs/ Hold Harmless Agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working On Roofs/ Hold Harmless Agreement

How do you guys handle things when you need to drop a sewer camera down a 3" vent on a roof to locate ,and mark the spot to dig up and install a 2 way Clean Out To Grade in a front yard?

I have a dilemma,,

I advise clients that I dont run cable machines down a vent because you could damage shingles with a flopping cable ,cant use proper size cutter and root ball on a cable might get stuck in the vent

However running a camera down a vent is often times those practical or feasible way to inspect a drainline and locate for a COTG [Clean Out To Grade]

Its getting so crazy with liability in California these days ,I dont really want to walk on a roof unless I get the client to sign some kind of "Hold Harmless Agreement" with language like "home owner understands that in rare occasions ,workmen on the roof may disturb existing roofing materials and cause leaks,,,"

Otherwise if they refuse ,you must pull a toilet & try and pass a camera past the closet bend .Many tight fisted clients out here dont want to pay for that.Then I lose a sale.

Please advise gang.Any help greatly appreciated[I just want to sell them a proper Clean Out and start rodding out the line on the ground like a good boy,,]

Dave Doyle

Re: Working On Roofs/ Hold Harmless Agreement

You're worring too much about the wrong thing , in My opinion . I do all the trades including plumbing, roofing . Have Hot tar kettles. Much more chance of staining someones carpet. Com cast is up on roofs more than plumbers, NO WAVERS from them !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Misrergato,has anyone made this an issue?

Comment

Just Mistergato , so far.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I go on roofs also,But have often wondered about this.

Comment

I would be concerned but I do not go on roofs to clear drains.

Comment

Never had an issue with a roof with a camera, jetter or k60. I won't go on a tile roof for fear of damage. Not too many wood shake roofs left out here. Mainly composition and I have one that's a copper clad shingle roof.

My customers trust me and I don't write hold harmless agreements.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

While your at it,, have them sign a hold harmless for Walking on their floor, their lawn, for every thing you touch. Lol. Jk.
                If you know what your doing, excude confidence, you can get out of any drama that may go down. Like,,, hey, you need a new roof,,, and also,, like rick said,, (don't go on tile roofs). Even if they say go for it.
                Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by red1234 View Post
                  Misrergato,has anyone made this an issue?
                  Unfortunately ,,it seems like here in So Cali ,,,theyll sue you if you fart too loud,,,,

I hate to say it,,,but its true

Just trying to afford unecessary trouble,,,,

Comment

That's what My 2 Mill. Liabilaty insurance is for . Spanish tile is a wild card.

Comment

Working...
                    X