Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Where can I buy a Root Range?/Should I buy a rebuilt US Jetter from Jetter Depot?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I buy a Root Range?/Should I buy a rebuilt US Jetter from Jetter Depot?

Please advise guys,,,,
    I need both items to tool up to offer jetting work ,,,but Im on a budget
    However I dont want to throw good money after bad either
    Every trailer jetter I see out here in Los Angeles towed by Roto Rooter is a US Jetter
    So I figure look at all the money that outfits makes,,,they could buy any jetter they want and they chose US Jetter so how wrong could I be buying one?
    I have seen refurbished US Jetters on a trailer offered on Jetter Depot for 12 Grand
    Im I on the right track here guys?
    Please advise this poor hard headed Irishman out,,,,
    Dave Doyle
    Los Angeles

Re: Where can I buy a Root Range?/Should I buy a rebuilt US Jetter from Jetter Depot?

Sorry Guys I meant to say Root Ranger,,,,,,,

Comment

Re: Where can I buy a Root Range?/Should I buy a rebuilt US Jetter from Jetter Depot?

Having owned a used us jetter for 1.5 years and purchasing a new one almost 2 years ago, I would save your money and all the headaches and lies they tell you.

Not sure what 12, 000 will buy you as new they are in the 40, 000 range.

My new one had more defects than you could imagine. 2 leaking diesel tanks, an engine that wouldn't shut off, a battery that wouldn't charge because they didn't have the panel wired correctly, a swivle reel that didn't swivel to the curb, a 5, 000 remote that didn't work more than 100', sometimes as little as 10' from the unit, and the worst was all the lies the owner would tell me. Heck, they didn't even have the right vin # on all the units they built that year. Of course I was the one to discover that when I went to the dmv to register it. Took 4 trips to register a brand new unit with everything paid for.

They finally brought out a 3rd. Fuel tank that I had to fabricate my own brackets as they clearly don't know how to weld aluminum. The fancy 5, 000 remote they gave up on, not just on mine, but everyone they had delivered.

The salesman wanted to buy the unit back, but the owner didn't. Don't know how much they spent on their mechanic who had my unit for 3 weeks trying to figure out the remote. And when I did get it back, I was just as bad as before. A lot of the people there had quit or moved to another company.

I would seriously pass on the machine unless you get a real warranty from 3rd party that covers the machine for at least 180 days so you can test it. Heck the air cooled diesel hatz engine is close to 20, 000 new with the hydraulic pump. The jetter pump is close to 10, 000 new and a hydraulic reel is close to 5, 000.

I doubt you want other peoples problems.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Mama Mia Rick,,,
        That sounds like a "trainwreck " to me,,,,,!!
        Im kind of disappointed ,but I appreciate your honesty
        But most of all .Im sorry you paid good money and had to go thru all that BS and inconvenience
        Plumbers are busy,,,who needs that headache

What really blows my mind is a company like US Jetter creates a product that was probably good at one time,,,they obviously achieved some success and reputation because outfits like Roto Rooter r buying them,,,,they get fat and lazy ,,,then the quality goes down,,& they think they can markt and sell a lousy machine,,,

Please let me know how you make out and tell me if you would consider a Mongoose Jetter if you had to do it over

Dave Doyle
        Los Angeles

Comment

In fact 1 of the long time inside usj sales person now works at jetters depot. If you notice they only sell new harben and mongoose jetters there.

All the used usjetters are trade ins. Harben, usjetters and jetters depot are all in Georgia.

At 1 time, the only jetters of this mid size trailer was harben and usjetting.

The owner of usjetting worked at harben at 1 time and when he started up usjetting, he brought in his old engineer from harben.

Now with more choices out there, you'll see more sales going elsewhere.

Sreco had a nice gas powerd unit I almost bought 10 years ago, but the lead time was many months off. Even included a camera system on the hose for about 22, 000 with the same specs. But now other companies see the need for a mid size trailer and are building them.

Lets see roberts reviews in the next several months on his mongoose jetter. you've already seen mine.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

First I will say I have never owned a US jetter “ I have used an older one” It worked as it should. I just don’t like the blow out discs instead of the overload valve.
            I currently have a Spartan, it a good unit. That said I there customer service sucks *** with paper hanging out. I could go on and on about how bad they are at helping their customers.

When the time is right for me I will buy a new or new to me harben and only harben.

I live I Wisconsin and the run dry pump is the only thing I like up here.
            Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
            1-920-284-7471

Comment

Gato, Do you need a big jetter? I have a small jetter and with a Root Ranger blow through roots with no problem on 3"-6" pipe and it stays on the van. It does take longer to use but I made it and don't have 20-50k tied up in one machine. I have the money and can make the room for a big jetter in the van but I can't justify it when I've NEVER been stopped on a drain call. However.....if you do restaurants or commercial drains, that's where you want the high flow and pressure.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Hello Gear Junkie
                Lets talk sometime,,,,
                I really learned alot from your posts
                Lets see if your jetter makes sense
                Dave Doyle

Comment

Originally posted by mistergato View Post
                  Hello Gear Junkie
                  Lets talk sometime,,,,
                  I really learned alot from your posts
                  Lets see if your jetter makes sense
                  Dave Doyle
                  Yes, gear knows what he's talking about. I'm a buy new guy when it comes to engine powered equipment. With that said. I would give jetters Northwest a serious look. Affordable trailer jetters and great cart jetters.

Comment

Working...
                  X