My new (old) K60

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new (old) K60

Some of you know me from a while back, some of you forgot about me and some of you probably have never heard of me...

But anyhow, I decided to see what the sectional fuss was about. I picked up a used K60 for a pretty damn good price, knowing full well that the handle was "damaged". It turns out the previous owner of the machine didn't understand what the zerk fitting was for and had never greased/cleaned this poor K60. I ended up taking it all apart, cleaning the crap out of it, regreasing it and installing a new handle. Another year or so, that shaft would have been COMPLETELY seized. I spend 30 minutes just getting that shaft out of the machine (and it should just slide right out after the two springs are disconnected).

Moral of the story: Take care of your tools!

Last edited by idlplumb; 11-03-2013, 04:06 AM. Reason: added pics
    Ideal Plumbing

Re: My new (old) K60

The moral of your story should be if you don`t take care of your tools your no tradesman

Tony

Comment

So, now that you fixed the handle, have you got a chance to use the machine on a real stoppage yet?

Call me if you have any questions.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Not yet! Back to back bathroom remodels have me occupied. Do you have any root stoppages coming up that you'd like to train me on?
        Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Actually today I have 4 jetting jobs. Call me if you're interested. #2 is Sunset strip around 10am.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X