X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Job

Took me and my guy 5 hrs to chip this out (concrete was laughing at us) and get to a decent part of the pipe. The comby on its back was rotted out. And then another 2 ft or so. The place I cut and tied into was actually very good and better then what I thought I would see being so close. I had to cut out the bottom of the kitchen sink cabinet and hit it with the jackhammer from inside to finish it off. Saved him from having to get the insurance company in on this and tear up a brand new remodeled kitchen with harwood floors. As his only repair is what you see and a new bottom of a cabinet.
    Attached Files

Re: Fun Job

I though you were going to show us your new nozzle in action.

or is this a result of using the new nozzle

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      I though you were going to show us your new nozzle in action.

or is this a result of using the new nozzle

rick.
      You know what, that is funny.
      What I forgot to mention is the before picture was what the h/o did. I went there last weekend (before bad to the bone nozzle) and coached him on what needed to be done, (he's a friend from church). He called me Friday and said it's to tough and not worth trying to save a couple hundred bucks. I said "a couple hundred bucks?" and started laughing. He said well you know what I mean. So IOW it was before the Hummingbird.

Comment

You broke a concete footer to make the repair? Hard to tell when looking at the pic on the cell phone.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          You broke a concete footer to make the repair? Hard to tell when looking at the pic on the cell phone.
          Yeah through a footer,, I screwed up and should have taken the after shot the same angle as the before.

Comment

If it had been a Crappy kitchen or floor I would've probably gone through the slab in front of the sink and cut into wall and 90 it across bottom of cabinet above slab then down through slab before outside of cabinet. As I have before. But the h/o rolled the dice after I told him its doable and could come out a winner.

Comment

You're not a plumber, You're a MAGICIAN !! Great work. About the footer. I'm a building Contractor, I've done the same. There is so much strength there, nothing will ever move. You did a great service for that family . Many would have sold an expensive pipe reline !
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Was that a monolithic slab or stem wall slab? If it was a stem wall, I hope you pinned it...Nice repair, you lucked out there was good pipe down there
                Will Rogers Plumbing
                Moore, Oklahoma
                (
                405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

What kind of jackhammer were you using?
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Bosh 11247 roto hammer for me there
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                      Was that a monolithic slab or stem wall slab? If it was a stem wall, I hope you pinned it...Nice repair, you lucked out there was good pipe down there
                      Mono,, actually the camera work showed a good fall after 16 inches, so I thought his chances were good as the rotted out section was under water for 30+ years, and not where I had to tie in to. And he had some very very hard cast to start with. I told him it was a gamble but a good one.
                      Thanks

Comment

Bosch 60pd electric.

Comment

Nice thread ... I am just finishing up a similar one I'll PM you I have a question ... Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X