Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flushing scale from house to city.

i have a push rod i ues to push my camera on long cast runs,
    i tried tyhis with the root ranger in reverse and it would not push past 30' or so just to much back pressure even on an idle.
    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Comment

Thanks you guys. I'm burning my movie of the job now.
      I bought the 7 forward flusher. Drove 35 miles to a dealer in La Verne,, It only pushed 40 feet. That's the bad news. The good news is it worked awesomely. I had all the scale out in 20 minutes. The YouTube movie is 3 parts. Before descaling, after I tried to flush, then with my new flusher. I enjoyed using it so much, I'm going to keep it and bring my push rod back into play. Though I would like to not have to use the push rod I at least have an option.
      Rick, I couldnt wait, the house was in escrow and I had to go back on the sly before the new owners moved in and save me a bunch of explaining to both seller buyer and plumber who hired me.
      The nozzle seemed to blow the junk forward about 20 feet.
      I'm still interested in your nozzel though. The brass cap drill hole idea, brilliant. I do like this flusher nozzel with a rod than a reverse root ranger with a rod. You will see in the video the wash down spray pattern is real nice. Rick, I'm still very interested and with a 3/8 is very good indeed.
      Attached Files

Comment

Where's the video?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          Where's the video?
          https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=o2SlmsUOYJo
          In a hurry out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            Why not just attach your rotor to a push rod and save your money. Or spend $5.00 and drill some holes in a 1/2" brass cap. Its basically going to do the same thing.

This might be a straight run this time, ut most are not and will never push out too far. Remember we typically dont do straight manhole to manhole like the city guys.

Try pushing your 1/2" hose forward with no pressure and see how far you'll get on most sewers.

My nozzle will easily out do that with no help and uses a 3/8" hose. Save your time and money. Wait for me to give you a test run.

Rick.
            You know I might have tried that brass cap trick, but I was out the door at 615 and was hustling all day, so missed ur last suggestion. Let me know next time u going to use it and I'll come up. Thanks again Rick, and Ben and Cuda and Apple, I appreciate ur feedback immensely.

Comment

video doesn't play.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Just watched it. Bang up job you did. Looks real good
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                X