X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flushing scale from house to city.

Howdy Rick, thanks for the call today, u were right, there was more debris left in the line then I would have preferred. It was OK and much better but still.
    I'm looking at a nozzel, enz hrv semi radial forward facing that someone in another forum said he used and was awesome.
    Anyone know of a great debris pushing nozzel. I want another option then taping a forward facing rotojet etc to a push rod cable.

Re: Flushing scale from house to city.

My super duper top secret nozzle would have been the ticket. Next time I'll join you and give it a spin.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      My super duper top secret nozzle would have been the ticket. Next time I'll join you and give it a spin.

Rick.
      I'm gonna solve this by next week. My conscious demands I go back, (on the house).
      There was about 20 ft. that like I said had more than I'd like or should, (if properly cleaned).
      The last 15 was very clean, round and free. And the beginning look good as well. The mid section not so great and had an acceptable fall.
      Come on down and show it off, I'll make the movie of before, after and after Rick. It's an easy straight shot of about 50 ft. Ground level. In Naples with great parking. I'll help you make millions. Smile. Oh one more thing, is this is free? Cuz I know I can do it with a push rod, (that I didn't have on truck and didn't have time to go get)

Comment

Free, just lunch. But I'm jetting all day tomorrow myself. Maybe early next week.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          Free, just lunch. But I'm jetting all day tomorrow myself. Maybe early next week.

Rick.
          To cool, I'm waiting with baited breath. Thank you very much.

Comment

This is what I did in a pinch for a hard one .

A jet and descale with the ROOT RAT worked awesome.

I did have a hard time pushing the scale to the city.
            70’+ of cast. So screwed my root ranger to the end of the ¼ jetter hose from my van pack unit. “ just the pulsating nozzle no S.S. fitting so it was facing forward.
            And then I taped this in front of my 3/8” hose with a 6 rear jet nozzle that was run by me Spartan unit.
            Minus the screwing around it took less than. 15 to flush out all the scale.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by appletondrain; 11-25-2013, 09:41 AM.
            Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
            1-920-284-7471

Comment

Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
              This is what I did in a pinch for a hard one .

A jet and descale with the ROOT RAT worked awesome.

I did have a hard time pushing the scale to the city.
              70’+ of cast. So screwed my root ranger to the end of the ¼ jetter hose from my van pack unit. “ just the pulsating nozzle no S.S. fitting so it was facing forward.
              And then I taped this in front of my 3/8” hose with a 6 rear jet nozzle that was run by me Spartan unit.
              Minus the screwing around it took less than. 15 to flush out all the scale.
              Thanks, that's a great idea.
              But I only have 1 jetter and on top of that I don't want to have to use 2.
              My research tells me enz has a pusher type nozzle for laterals,, specifically for house to city pushing. I'm also going to call keg today about what they have. There were some options there. And with being so impressed with my Hummingbird and satisfaction guarantee or money back. How can I go wrong giving them a shot. Now there is rick's super duper pusher nozzel too.

Comment

Another really good brand of nozzle is USB. I bought this one
                Welcome to USB Sewer Equipment Corporation
                I bought it to fight really bad stoppages but with the 4 forward nozzles it cleans and flushes really good when going downstream. The egg shape is really good at going out and most important coming back lol

Here is one I was going to buy but the one above made it not needed.
                http://www.usbsec.com/docs/2013/DiggerNozzle.pdf
                Maybe if I had a bunch of sand etc to move downstream. Remember I use 1/2" hose most of the time. It allows me to push the hose with a little help from the nozzle.
                Last edited by Cuda; 11-25-2013, 11:04 PM.
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                  Another really good brand of nozzle is USB. I bought this one
                  Welcome to USB Sewer Equipment Corporation
                  I bought it to fight really bad stoppages but with the 4 forward nozzles it cleans and flushes really good when going downstream. The egg shape is really good at going out and most important coming back lol

Here is one I was going to buy but the one above made it not needed.
                  http://www.usbsec.com/docs/2013/DiggerNozzle.pdf
                  Maybe if I had a bunch of sand etc to move downstream. Remember I use 1/2" hose most of the time. It allows me to push the hose with a little help from the nozzle.
                  Thanks cuda, the first one resembles a chisel type nozzle I have which is 6 back 4 forward, and because a I had an abundance of scale it wasn't helping alot, plus with the 6 back it kept knocking off more.
                  The second one you mention is like the one from keg I was considering,, , a 7 forward no back. I can't link it directly but the catalog is
                  http://www.kegtechnologies.net/downl...og_REV_2.0.pdf and with a 1/2 inch (which so far I've been using most of the time) I think it will push well. Certainly far enough for this straight shot of 50 I'm dealing with right now. And it's on pg 18,,,, ,another one the salesmen mentioned was there new egg cleaning nozzle call the devaster 4 forward 3 back. It looks like it might be a winner too and of more help on a longer run with the help of the back jets. With a money back guarantee, how can I go wrong. I called up another nozzle salmon and I asked about a money back guarantee and he laughed.
                  They were both aprox 235.00. I think I'm going to pull the trigger 1 more time on this jetter investment for both of these,, . Lol
                  Unless Rick jumps in.

Comment

I know my nozzle will do the job, since it has done the job for me many times with even worse conditions. gravel and pipe shards are hard to push, but ive done it.

that 7 forward that was posted in theory would be great, but how in the heck is one suppose to push it forward? unless you have a pull rope, it's not going forward, its going backwards. 18gpm will blow that nozzle back at your face. you've seen what your little rotor does at just 5 gpm. imagine 18 gpm. it's designed for a lance and not a hose going forward.

Robert, attach your rotor to your push rod and save your money for now.

if it wasn't a short holiday week, I would be able to sneak something in. but i'm booked tomorrow and not sure what Wednesday is looking like yet.

Rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick,
                      The 7 forward is speced to work at 1k max psi, and even less, it's a,, more water than psi gig.,,, And was told a good firm hold on it will suffice, then water off push more forward, repeat etc. (it also sounds like a great nozzle to tape with a push rod) now that's major water forward no backy up and quick.) And the other one is on par with a cleaning push forward type..... . Also, a money back guarantee if no like. No risk. (I asked, I can send it back all scratched up? , yep he said)
                      Last edited by theplungerman; 11-28-2013, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Robert, think about it. how do you plan on pushing a 1/2'' hose through a sewer line? the hose is not going to make it around turns without help. now you want to add 2000# of forward pressure and push it forward.

ive got some swamp land than might interest you too.

save your money, unless the line is a straight run, how far do you think you can push a 1/2'' hose down a sewer with turns?

Rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

It's a straight run. 50ft. It's,,, pushed to scale turn on and hold, wait, wait, turn off water, advance, turn water back on, etc. And a push rod for other applications. It's a free trial. And it's so pretty, all shiny and round, sexy you might say.
                          The swamp land, can't afford it right now. Lol

Comment

Why not just attach your rotor to a push rod and save your money. Or spend $5.00 and drill some holes in a 1/2" brass cap. Its basically going to do the same thing.

This might be a straight run this time, ut most are not and will never push out too far. Remember we typically dont do straight manhole to manhole like the city guys.

Try pushing your 1/2" hose forward with no pressure and see how far you'll get on most sewers.

My nozzle will easily out do that with no help and uses a 3/8" hose. Save your time and money. Wait for me to give you a test run.

Rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

I had a job where I descaled about 40' of 4" cast with my root ranger. Septic guy put a new tank tank in and I went upstream through the tank inlet. We had a 5 gal bucket under the inlet to catch all the scale (septic guy was curious). The amount of scale was so much that it filled the entire bucket. It was like going to the beach and filling a bucket full of wet sand.....eventually the water came out and only sand was left. Same here but the "sand" was cast iron scale. Point I'm getting to is I filled a 5 gal bucket......what's gonna happen when robert does the same thing but gets it to the city main? Is he gonna plug the entire line? Should we be calling the city to have them flush their line when we do a descaling job?

Personally Robert I think a push rod is the way to go. A root ranger has 10' of back blast......now have the same thing on a forward turbo. It'll blast that scale foward. Every couple feet step on the foot pedal and it'll blow everything forward. Have the camera behind to monitor and this will be done easily.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X