Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety Sewer Drain

Anyone every use this?
    Have you ever tried to change the boot to clamp onto cast iron or copper?
    Safety Sewer Drain - Making Plumbers Lives Easier More Profit
    Roots beware of the C snake with shark teeth.

Re: Safety Sewer Drain

and what happens when turds block the drain pipe?
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

$120.00 is nuts. Especially because you can make your own with a simple heavy duty rubber glove hose clamped onto the end of a 4" x2" wye. Add a 2" ball valve and loosen the plug to the point where you can then reach into the glove through the wye and do the same thing for peanuts.

Try it and you'll see you can grip almost any tool to finish the loosening.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        $120.00 is nuts. Especially because you can make your own with a simple heavy duty rubber glove hose clamped onto the end of a 4" x2" wye. Add a 2" ball valve and loosen the plug to the point where you can then reach into the glove through the wye and do the same thing for peanuts.

Rick.

Pictures please....

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
          and what happens when turds block the drain pipe?

You get a chop stick and start poking around..........

Comment

I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I ever needed it. I saw the tv show Ed the plumber where Ed opened a clean out in a basement and remember the look on the homeowner.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

Rick.
              What have you been eating lately?

I like your idea. I think I will give it a try.

Comment

Sure would be nice to see all my clean-out caps come off that easily.

Comment

good concept. I like ricks idea also with pvc over head cleanouts it sound promising. dang what a mess. I wish code made us install big ball valves on all over head cleanouts. I still have a bunch of cast with brass c/o that have to be cut or chiseled out. oh I dislike overhead cleanouts.

don't ever open an over head c/o without checking to see if the septic is improperly full.

1 time in the small town of Fennville I chose to pull a toilet because the business had way to much stuff in front of the cleanout. it seemed odd I couldn't clear it and the water level never rose higher in the toilet flange even when I ran water. Both manholes on each side of the block were full. man what a mess that could have been

Comment

Originally posted by fixitright View Post
                    Sure would be nice to see all my clean-out caps come off that easily.
                    No kiding. You can say that again.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                      good concept. I like ricks idea also with pvc over head cleanouts it sound promising. dang what a mess. I wish code made us install big ball valves on all over head cleanouts. I still have a bunch of cast with brass c/o that have to be cut or chiseled out. oh I dislike overhead cleanouts.

don't ever open an over head c/o without checking to see if the septic is improperly full.

1 time in the small town of Fennville I chose to pull a toilet because the business had way to much stuff in front of the cleanout. it seemed odd I couldn't clear it and the water level never rose higher in the toilet flange even when I ran water. Both manholes on each side of the block were full. man what a mess that could have been
                      That is a good reminder.

Comment

Working...
                      X