spartan 1065

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spartan 1065

Hey all happy thanksgiving! ! Just a thought , I have a spartan 1065 that i use with general inner core cable 3/4" with , my question is this.Is there any drawback s from using the general cables instead of the spartans? Only reason being I like the spiral root saws instesd of the c or u style cutters .I have noticed thst after I rod a main I use the retrieving cutter to grab any left over roots , and I noticed Im leaving some behind .I tend to use the 3" root spirals a starter then go up from there .Dont like recalls on sewers but if they opt out for no camera inspection with the original rodding then theres no warranty, if I see an open line no breaks or obstruction s then its a 6 month warranty. What do u suggest would work best on a spartan 1065? Thanks all hsppy turkey day

Re: spartan 1065

If it backs up a month later after using a 4" spiral and they didnt want to pay for the camera should I honor the recall and eat it or tell um "no camera no warranty"?

Comment

You have to eat it. Unless you can prove its not a root stoppage In the main.

Giving them a warranty based on an inspection is ok if they know in advance that the warranty only applies with a paid inspection. But that's alot of money to spend on a 6 month warranty.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I think general c blades are horrible they are a call back waiting to happen for me. If I get my 4 inch cutter -mytana, eel or ridged. all the way to the city then they get a 30 day warrenty. I will not hear from them for a year or more. That is cleaning 6 inch clay starting through 10' or so of 4 inch cast. if I use the general blades they will be calling back in 3 or 4 months and I still won't charge because I used inferior equipment.

I don't use general blades much. I've learned my lesson.

4" blades in 6" still leaves tons of roots. but the call backs are almost none

Comment

I guess I'm trying to say with good blades down the line you shouldn't get call backs with or without videoing. heck most clay drains I camera have offsets big enough to not offer a warrenty. but if I get the 4 inch blade through they get the warrenty

Comment

Im totally with u , I usually honor the call unless im pulling out tampons or wipes within a 90 day period, but u know as I do u can feel the line and when its messed up either shifted or broken or packed with roots , I usually use a 3" then a 4" from an o/c or soil stack 3"from a catch basin with thst big of a cutter and out 120' or so I know im in the city main but only usin a 2 1/2" or 3" from a closet bend how can I guarantee that by the time I pull the cable out hslf of the rooys fell off

Comment

I give customers 30 days on blockages. I also use call backs as an opportunity to cement in a new customers. Sometimes it's better to come up short to make them happy.

Comment

2 year warranty for roots.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by sewermonster85 View Post
                  Im totally with u , I usually honor the call unless im pulling out tampons or wipes within a 90 day period, but u know as I do u can feel the line and when its messed up either shifted or broken or packed with roots , I usually use a 3" then a 4" from an o/c or soil stack 3"from a catch basin with thst big of a cutter and out 120' or so I know im in the city main but only usin a 2 1/2" or 3" from a closet bend how can I guarantee that by the time I pull the cable out hslf of the rooys fell off
                  they only get a warranty if I get a full size cutter through. I try my best to get a full size cutter through but if I can't for what ever reason they get no warranty. so if im going through a closet flange and can only get a 3" blade through then no warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                    This is why I need a jetter

Comment

2 year warranty when I hydro jet. 30 day or 6 month warranty options for cabling. Every main drain call gets the camera, it's built into the pricing. I stick to my warranties when dealing with callbacks. That's what was chosen and paid for.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        Ben, although you can jet and verify with a camera the line is root free, you can't stop mother nature. 2 years is 4 growing seasons and that's a lot of time for roots to grow back in a cleaned out line.

Based on my long documented record of root cleaning with jetters out here, some will fail in less time than 2 years, while others will go 5 years. All depends on the roots, soil and conditions. 2 years sound great to the customer, but not so great to your call backs down the road.

Rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Knock on wood but when I use this and rootx I haven't one callback yet on 2 year warranty. I come back at the 1 year mark and do the rootx only. Offsets and sags are a no go for the warranty.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

While all drains will have roots grow back in 2 years, I think the overwhelming majority won't be to the point that it's going to cause a clog within the 2 years. The ones that do are a good candidate for replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                              I guess I'm trying to say with good blades down the line you shouldn't get call backs with or without videoing. heck most clay drains I camera have offsets big enough to not offer a warrenty. but if I get the 4 inch blade through they get the warrenty
                              hells bells, everyone knows that clay is the best kind of sewer to have! if there was sharkbite fittings big enough to fit clay we plumbers would have the world by the butt!!

(Satirical commentary not intended to be actual real life scenarios.)
                              ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
                              X