How long does it take?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it take?

Trying to get a feel on the K-60 verses a big drum in roots.

Had a 150' 100 year old 4" main line.

Root balls nearly every joint. filled up a five gallon bucket.

Some of the roots were half the size of my pinkie.

I spent nearly five hours pulling roots out going full bore no where near dogging it.

Is this excessive amount of time and would a drum be that much faster?

(Be nice now and the next one like it the drill and eel will come out)
    Last edited by fixitright; 11-29-2013, 08:09 PM.

Re: How long does it take?

drums are poo

~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

I just don't get it. You have a drill and still you used the k60. why would you waste 6 hours of your life when you have the better tool for the job at your disposal?

Hey I get it I miss the challenge of working the drum like a magician. or running the k60 like I'm landing a 10 pound bass on 2 pound test line.

sure the skill is gone. but dang life is easier.

I'd say roots every 10 feet 150 feet,,,,,, 6 hours might be about right

my drum is faster for a lot of roots than the k60. I think they are about the same if it is only 1 bad spot.
      Last edited by saysflushable; 11-29-2013, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately I didn't yet have the Drill and Eel yet. The job was just before I got it.

Charging for the time and the customer never seeing a K-60 was part of the issue.
        Issue now resolved, check in hand.

Now for those with Drill and Eel or drum I'm looking for a time frame on a job
        with roots every joint out 150 feet in 4 inch cast.

And YES, the drill will come out on the next Nasty one!

Comment

For me that's to hard to estimate. To many variables per the roots, (kind, amount etc.) even with never using a sectional, I can't see how it would be faster than a drum

Comment

I don't know because I never had that situation. the time would be wasted having to pull the cable out from time to time to clear the roots

at least you wouldn't spend much time fighting each root blockage
            Last edited by saysflushable; 11-29-2013, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fixitright View Post
              Unfortunately I didn't yet have the Drill and Eel yet. The job was just before I got it.

Charging for the time and the customer never seeing a K-60 was part of the issue.
              Issue now resolved, check in hand.

Now for those with Drill and Eel or drum I'm looking for a time frame on a job
              with roots every joint out 150 feet in 4 inch cast.

And YES, the drill will come out on the next Nasty one!
              I'd never do.....I'd jet it. A jetter can be bought/made for the price of a k60/drum machine/drill setup.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I bet he is working from a basement. The jetter might be messy! anyway it is the best option. just have to control the mess

Comment

Roots in cast iron at every joint ? Something is wrong. Properly poured lead joints are not that common for roots.

Did you camera the line or are just guessing the condition?

For me a jetter would have had it done with a before and after inspection with video and stills in under 2 hours. But then again for 60,000 invested in the 2 pieces of equipment, it better kick butt.

Today i cleared a blocked and backed up root stoppage and made a before and after video in 1 hour exactly with my k60 and rm200 with cs6 monitor and recorder. Infact the rm200 broke through the stoppage and allowed me to inspect the line before I even snaked it out.

It was a 52' run with the line in the backyard. So 1 hour included the dragging equipment back and forth from the street to the rear yard.

Rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

My heart beats to a different Drum

Miss me
                    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Love them old, tight basements.

Mine usually have three times the junk in the way and a curious cat looking on.

What do you have on the end of that cable?

Comment

The K-***** is a medium duty machine, when are you guys going to stop listening to all the BS about this wonder machine clearing anything up to 6" lines ............ ???

Get real..............

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                          The K-***** is a medium duty machine, when are you guys going to stop listening to all the BS about this wonder machine clearing anything up to 6" lines ............ ???

Get real..............
                          How do you know? You have one?
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            Roots in cast iron at every joint ? Something is wrong. Properly poured lead joints are not that common for roots.

Did you camera the line or are just guessing the condition?

For me a jetter would have had it done with a before and after inspection with video and stills in under 2 hours. But then again for 60,000 invested in the 2 pieces of equipment, it better kick butt.

Today i cleared a blocked and backed up root stoppage and made a before and after video in 1 hour exactly with my k60 and rm200 with cs6 monitor and recorder. Infact the rm200 broke through the stoppage and allowed me to inspect the line before I even snaked it out.

It was a 52' run with the line in the backyard. So 1 hour included the dragging equipment back and forth from the street to the rear yard.

Rick.
                            Rick you must be on something other than air. Stop eating the chicken, the steroids are making you into a legend............................heheheheeheheheh eeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post

Get real..............

the k-1500sp is rated for up to 10" lines?
                              ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
                              X