Anyone in Seattle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in Seattle?

Friends with a blocked service. RR has been and failed, suspect a broken line. Story I'm hearing about what they did to reach that point makes sense. Looking for opinion on fair pricing in that area for work done and for excavation to install exterior c/o and jet. Probably will want you out for a consult/second opinion/give it a try and see if it's really broke or whatever or if they are just idiots. Also does anyone jet from a pulled toilet or would you also need the c/o?

Thanks, Alex
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: Anyone in Seattle?

Try cuda. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Seatt...82173475152440
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Oh I can tell this is going to be one of those tough weird jobs, the video from 2 years ago has a bit of a mystery to it, (shiny thing in the 6" pipe in the middle of the street) looks like a broken piece of concrete pipe that has fallen inward. Plus roots in the yard 40 feet out. I will know tomorrow.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Video from 2 years ago showed major roots 40 feet out and lots of grease making the pipe look very white and shiny! Out in the street prior to the city sewer showed a strange looking shiny object in the pipe but the camera passed through hmmm. update to recent times roto rooter was called for a backup, only access through a toilet and then a lot of bends to finally get to the sewer, They snaked to 85' out came back with dirt using 2" cutter head can not get it they recommend camera guy, he comes only gets 15 feet marks the spot and says it's dig time. (it was but only because there was no good access) But they are talking broken pipe in the street which is big bucks. Long story short access pipe in the yard cut in and it is filled this has been clogged for a long time. I suspect no a major break but that the roots created clog and that the snake just went past churning it up but then sealing back around the cable. Jetter goes in and it's 25 GPM 4k psi, I go slow (but not so slow to flood the house) nothing happens make it all the way to this mystery 85' point in the street and can not get past. But now I have put a lot of water in the line diluting everything so I figure it should flow out even if there is a break. Put the flusher nozzle on, go out real slow to the area I knew there had been roots 2 years ago, watched the muck in the hole start to bubble like a vulcano! The bam it all goes down the drain, camera and find it was just the root area causing the bid deal and the shiny thing in the middle of the street was just a grease covered hand made fitting that was close to a 90 with an offset, when everything flowed out of the pipe it was now easy to jet and easy to camera. The pipe on the property needs replaced lots of cracks and holes and the street will need lining in the future. But the people are back online.
        Video of near completed jetting is available here.
        Jetting a sewer in the winter! - YouTube

Here is a link to the original video from 2 years ago, night and day difference but the most important is that once a line is jetted you can really see the true condition of the pipe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPCHi...ature=youtu.be
        Last edited by Cuda; 12-04-2013, 08:36 PM.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Great ending. Did you talk to the neighbor about their pipe?
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

They have a guy coming to dig up the street, I looked at her video I think I could do a 4 foot patch on it but she wants the utility that broke the pipe to pay for the repair so she doesn't want trenchless. It looks like a post was driven in next to the curb for a sign and it just blasted the sidewall of the 6" so thats why the sink hole is there.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Thanks for saving the day, Bryce! Ridgid forum comes thru again.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
              X