Poor cold little jetter needs heat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor cold little jetter needs heat

Here in Seattle we have a mild climate compared to a lot of places in the US. We are right by the ocean and we get a lot of rain but the rain keeps the temps up for how far north we are. So I never have to mess with very much in the weatherization of equipment. Sure I let the water out of pumps and shoring and the jetters run them dry etc. I had an emergency to go jet and I had planned on not jetting for a week till this bad weather passed by. Anyway here is a couple pics of using our 350btu heater to thaw out the hose and pump so I could get going. We usually use this heater to heat manholes and foundations prior to lining or coating them. It has 2 12" vent ports and you attach lines to them to direct the heat where you need it, well today I needed it on the pump and hose of my jetter lol. Might need it tomorrow so I filled the pump tonight with windshield cleaning fluid.Name:  9aa7c598741accb1bffd5980f1bf5141.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  453.6 KBName:  9a03170a451197548c57177fd4e6f996.jpg
Size:  338.0 KBName:  d1b3e3793044d0e623ec24e959a28dcc.jpg
Size:  462.0 KBName:  cfc672ba1be520b7e4359da4c740873c.jpg
Size:  418.1 KB
    Last edited by Cuda; 12-04-2013, 07:51 PM.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Poor cold little jetter needs heat

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
    Here in Seattle me have a mild climate compared to a lot of places in the US. We are right by the ocean and we get a lot of rain but the rain keeps the temps up for how far north we are. So I never have to mess with very much in the weatherization of equipment. Sure I let the water out of pumps and shoring and the jetters run them dry etc. I had an emergency to go jet and I had planned on not jetting for a week till this bad weather passed by. Anyway here is a couple pics of using our 350btu heater to thaw out the hose and pump so I could get going. We usually use this heater to heat manholes and foundations prior to lining or coating them. It has 2 12" vent ports and you attach lines to them to direct the heat where you need it, well today I needed it on the pump and hose of my jetter lol. Might need it tomorrow so I filled the pump tonight with windshield cleaning fluid.Name:  9aa7c598741accb1bffd5980f1bf5141.jpg
Size:  453.6 KBName:  9a03170a451197548c57177fd4e6f996.jpg
Size:  338.0 KBName:  d1b3e3793044d0e623ec24e959a28dcc.jpg
Size:  462.0 KBName:  cfc672ba1be520b7e4359da4c740873c.jpg
Size:  418.1 KB
    Good job.
    You got hit with the artic air weather pattern, I did to. It was 46 this morning. The wife wouldn't see me to the door. I hear this weather is going to last like 4 days or so. Oh well, time to man up. Lol

Comment

it was cold this morning. I went to grab my led light and it was real cold sitting in the truck overnight. but I still go out in a t shirt all day.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
        Might need it tomorrow so I filled the pump tonight with windshield cleaning fluid
        In the future use RV antifreeze. The washer fluid has corrosive alcohol.
        ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

-25F here last night. everything gets parked indoors. I used washer fluid for years before I had a heated garage with no problems.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I do 50% glycol if I know it's going o be outside, followed by a thorough blow down with air

Still have to bring things in for awhile before an attempt to use it when it's below 0°F

Comment

Working...
            X