Nozzel Splurge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nozzel Splurge

Cool Ben thanks. Trying to hit 8-10 w 3/8 is good advice that I'm going to follow. I chose the 3/8 hose again today and used the warthog with it. In a 4inch CI I had to go under 4 large industrial bathrooms, 2 were nice office types and didn't want to suck out or spray sewage all over the walls. I'll save the 1/2 for outside. Also thanks for the tee tester pic. Cool stuff. Won't it get complicated for a nozzle with 6r1f or 4f flushing and 3 rear thrusters. I can't c testing that scenario, or am I missing something. Thanks again,,, smile

Comment

6r1f use 3 qc nozzles. One qc represents the front and the other 2 represent the rear. Let's say the front is a 2.5 and both rears are 3.0....this means the nozzle would be drilled for the front nozzle at a 2.5 and EACH rear nozzle would be 1.0 and total flow would be about 8.5 gpm. This is hypothetical though and wouldn't recommend a 6r1f nozzle for 3/8 hose. I have a 1.5 nozzle on my jet pump and it clogs up all the time.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

This is how my 3/8 tested out.3/8 1f6r. 4000psi (reached 2200 rpm) 15 gpm. I thought I might leave this alone and have a high 3/8 nozzel flow for when the situation arises. Like today, if I could have worked from down stream up today it would have come in handy for the kind of sludgy blockage I fought today. And since this isn't a root cutter....... But still might get the gpm down to 10-12 for this one to have more psi.
        So it seems what kind of nozzel you are trying to spec out depends on what you plan to use it for. Wow this is getting complicated.

I should watch this Christmas movie now. The wife is getting irked about me not watching it with her and obsessing about nozzels and having the tablet in front of my face. Merry Christmas

Comment

Maybe the jetting companies should start offering classes when we purchase the jetters or should that not be up to them? I don't understand a lot of the calculations either. Would be helpful if I had a brief training on it with charts, calculations and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra2000 View Post
            Maybe the jetting companies should start offering classes when we purchase the jetters or should that not be up to them? I don't understand a lot of the calculations either. Would be helpful if I had a brief training on it with charts, calculations and all.
            I'm learning from reading that most of them (jetter companies) are lost with inaccurate numbers all over the place.

Much more likely to get the right information here.

Comment

I wonder what percent of jetter buyers just screw on their nozzels ordered or received with machine and jett away without ever knowing the true numbers they are getting, what they mean etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra2000 View Post

us jetting did offer a free class when you purchased their jetter. or for $200.00 you can attend the class. some were there because they wanted to learn. others were forced to go probably for insurance reasons. seems like I went for the free donuts.

although the class was entertaining, it wasn't really up to par for what I was looking for. it was more geared towards marketing your services than learning the machine. I think we spent 30 minutes outside with the machine and 6 hours in the class room. sure I took home some flyers and catalogues, but I feel and so did the instructor, that the class was for entry level employees and not seasoned operators. I was hopping to see different nozzles in action and learn about pump and engine maintenance.

reading all the different threads on the forum about jetting, blows away the class I spent $200.00 and a day of lost work. go buy a dozen donuts and read all the forum threads on jetting. you'll save $195.00 and learn more in 6 hours in your free time, than the class I attended a few years back.

long story short, after buying a brand new $42,000 us jetter 2 years ago, I've determined they don't know too much about their machines either. more defects than you could imagine. took them a year and many replacement parts later to make it work. still not perfect as it was designed to, but heck what do you expect for $42,000.

ask your questions and do your reading. finals are 2 weeks away.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

As awesome as this forum is for learning about jetting. I'm still bummed that the only book I can find on it is from the NASSCO Or,, and they want $100 for it or join for 450 and get it for 50. Can anyone suggest another book or website. Or is the Ridgid forum going to be the only place I learn about jetting. Which by the way has been invaluable and thanks to all for your helpful tips and suggestions and questions answered.

Comment

I met with Curtis the Enz salesman and Tray from MME where I purchased nozzles from today.
                    They spent 3 hrs with me. Waiting for me to set up my test system then Curtis dialed in my nozzels and waited while I tested for proof. Curtis came all the way from Bakersfield, about 3.5 hrs, no traffic. Needless to say Curtis, Enz, and Tray define :customer satisfaction is our goal:
                    Also it should be pointed out this service was delivered with obvious professionalism with an eager spirt to please. From now on I will look no further when wanting a nozzel.
                    There version of the warthog is spendy but seems like it would be more effective.
                    When Curtis dialed in my 3/8 rotating 90 45 degree it sounded like a monster on there. That goes the same for the roto drill half inch.
                    Again I'm very happy and satisfied for sure with my purchase.
                    Attached Files

Comment

sounds good Robert. did you copy the jet insert sizes for future reference. plus my jetter has similar specs. might need to take you up on a nozzle recommendation.

better performance and pulling power?

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

what does there warthog look like? what kind of test system did you use?
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          sounds good Robert. did you copy the jet insert sizes for future reference. plus my jetter has similar specs. might need to take you up on a nozzle recommendation.

better performance and pulling power?

rick.
                          Some of nozzels have different number of inserts,,,,, um no but good suggestion, I'll email him and get some numbers. Call Tray over at MME,,http://source-mme.com,,
                          Municipal Maintance Equipment. The pulling power is good. Haven't used all six yet though....
                          Last edited by theplungerman; 12-24-2013, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            what does there warthog look like? what kind of test system did you use?
                            I tested with psi at machine and measure gallon output, see pic post 39, same way as before.
                            Enz bulldog is there warthog. Check out there site, enz USA. Gotta get back to wrapping gifts.
                            Last edited by theplungerman; 12-24-2013, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Today I was able to put the 1/2 hrv forward radial to the acid text. I was extremely happy with its performance. I did this restaurant today with a massive amount of grease. Lucky it was more mud like than chunky.
                              My jet day went like this. Note; up until now this line has to be jetted 1 a month cuz it's so bad, it keeps backing up. The owner owns 5 restaurants and I frequent 1, which is how wemet,,,, I hit him up 2 weeks ago..

First i tried the 3/8 warthog to run the first leg from outside cleanout furthest up stream under restaurant to 2nd clean out on opposite side leaving building. It was jammed up so much I knew the 1/2 line would be to much. The 3/8 warthog was to much as well and jammed it up lickity split,,, stopped just in time before I had a mess. I switched to 3/8 chisel and finally got it go g very well. Then ran the 3/8 warthog and finished it up. Cleaned it out well and only got a little girgle action on the floor sinks and pushed a little water out of the toilets. No biggy.
                              Then ran 3/8 warthog from other side of building away from restaraunt about 75 feet to some more clean outs. They had a two combys so I knew I could go back to building but I wanted to get a feel for how much sludge I was dealing with and the flow. Forget a camera at this point,, it's 70 percent filled up, man alive was this a real tester for me.
                              OK so after the 3/8 warthog from 2nd cleanout I went to the double comby 2 way and ran the Enz 6 rear with front plugged. I ran this back to building twice and boy oh boy was the line gurgling and spitting and stopping up then clearing then stopping up etc etc.
                              I then ran the 1/2 warthog to street. It was unclear how far I had to go but I knew it was a minimum 200 ft, yes 200 ft of nothing but gobs and gobs and gobs of grease.
                              So I threw caution to the wind and let the 1/2 warthog goes as far as she could go. I wanted to see how far she would pull,,, I had the machine right next to clean out with a come along,,, she went out 375 feet,,,, I then shut down and let the machine pull her back as I held a rag on the hose with a ton of stinky slop falling off in large globs. When I looked in the cleanouts there was about 4 feet of muddy grease as it went out. So lots more grease pushing is needed for sure
                              So out comes the spendy hrv forward flushing 4f 3r,,, I put her in and in and in,,,,, she went out 285 feet. I was almost estactic.
                              I pushed out twice with the HRV forward.. Then went back towards the restaraunt with the 6 rear and pulled a ton of more grease back.,,,,, Then ran the warthog out another 375 feet,,,, why so far?,,, cuz it kept gurgling and showing signs of not flowing well yet......
                              Then put the HRV back on and pushed it out 3 more times,,,, because each time it ran better,, gurgled less and raised less in clean outs.
                              I then,,, after 8.5 hrs (of jetter run time) I was there 11.5,,,,decided it was time for a look,,, cuz the last time I went out,, as I sat on a bucket with a flashlight looking at the action there was none to speak of,,,, finally it was flowing free. From the clean out back to the building for 40 feet it's a little to flat. And out to city for 50 was to flat. On the video it shows the where the whole pipe (used to be) caked with grease. from stem to stern. Then clear as a baby's bottom the 200 feet of my camera would show. And still not in city. But felt good she is poorly as clean as she will get.
                              I then called the owner and told him I have some really bad news and really good news. Bad the bill, good the job.
                              It was the HRV that helped me push this ginormous amount of grease forward, and was certainly the right go to nozzel. I'm totally stoked with this rotating flushing forward nozzel. I was afraid I was going to create a mountain of globness that I couldn't push out and get stuck having to call Rick and asking for advice.
                              That green grass around the clean out was not green when I finished and the wash down gun wouldn't wash it down. But sure was lucky the clean outs were in grass and dint have to slop it up off the parking lot.
                              I'm excited this job worked out, I was apprehensive as I knew at least 380 feet of tons and tons of grease would be my first grease clearing challenge.
                              I know this sounds like it took to long and maybe it did,,, but it was slow going and got a little better with each pass. And I didn't go out at mach speed. I belive it took this long to do a perfect job but then again I may be wrong.
                              Thanks for letting me share. Smile
                              Attached Files

Comment

Great story. Always feels good when take a big gamble and it pays off.
                                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X