X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter VS Roots question

I see these pictures of a jetter removing HUGE root masses.

With all the talk of cutting and demolishing roots, do these roots get pulled
    back with the jetter hose? Pulled out downstream somewhere?

Just doesn't make sense how these long sections of roots come back intact.

On another note we had a balmy day of 25 degrees Above zero today in Minnesota.
    Great day for a picnic.

Re: Jetter VS Roots question

Some come back out wrapped on the nozzle, most get flushed downstream to the city sewer. It is usually good policy if you remove a lot of roots to call in to the sewer dept. and let them know so they can jet their line if they choose to. Important if you did a root filled 6" that only connects to a 8" sewer.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
      Some come back out wrapped on the nozzle, most get flushed downstream to the city isewer. It is usually good policy if you remove a lot of roots to call in to the sewer dept. and let them know so they can jet their line if they choose to. Important if you did a root filled 6" that only connects to a 8" sewer.
      Now you tell. I did about 25ft 6inch with lotsa roots couple weeks ago. 1st I've heard of this. But make sense. Thanks

Comment

of course it really depends on the nozzle. as some nozzles will pull back roots better than others. the root ranger will pull back roots most of the time as it acts like a hook. but sometimes I get some back with my warthog nozzle too.

had an instance where city of Beverly hills wanted to be present when I jetted a customers 4-6'' line. they were prepared at their manhole with a strainer and hook. after they saw what I was using the crew of 4 left to another job.

nasty roots have a tendency to get turned into mulch as the nozzle has to eat through the stoppage to allow the nozzle to progress. but my secret weapon nozzle blast a hole right through the stoppage allowing me to get in their with a more aggressive pipe cleaning root nozzle. my nozzle is a penetrator and a forward flusher.

now on area drains when I jet from the curb face up, then I wash everything back out to the street. that's impressive to see what comes out.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          ,,,,,,,,. but my secret weapon nozzle blast a hole right through the stoppage allowing me to get in their with a more aggressive pipe cleaning root nozzle. my nozzle is a penetrator and a forward flusher.
          rick.
          I hope you are in the midst of getting this patented.
          Are there any top shelf nozzel manufacturers in USA, cuz so far from what I know, they come from Germany, Switzerland.

Comment

Not to beat a dead horse but curiosity beckons.

I see pictures of massive amounts of roots pulled back by jetters.

One such picture was posted by gear junkie on another site just recently.
            So how is this possible?

The jetter hose is strong enough to pull these back?

Last edited by fixitright; 12-18-2013, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Yup. And to top it off, I run probably the smallest jetter out of most of the us. The biggest stoppage I went through was about 10' of packed roots that I verified with the camera before removing with the root ranger. Just gotta know what you're doing by hands on experience and problem solving. My small equipment doesn't allow me to just overpower heavy roots so I got do some thinking and problem solving to get through them.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Gear just goes into the backyard and hacks down some shrubs then takes those pictures and calls them roots lol
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Cuda's got me figured out! My jig is up! haha
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Sometimes I get lucky and pull roots out of an area drain with nothing more than an etool and a wonder bar. Next time I get one these, I'm attaching a handspinner to it.
                    Attached Files
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                      Some come back out wrapped on the nozzle, most get flushed downstream to the city sewer. It is usually good policy if you remove a lot of roots to call in to the sewer dept. and let them know so they can jet their line if they choose to. Important if you did a root filled 6" that only connects to a 8" sewer.

Hey CUDA you guys are so lucky. At least your Water Boards or Departments treat you with respect. Down here we are treat with absolute contempt so subsequently we tell them absolutely nothing. Wrong/bad attitude but they are only interested in a one way dialogue, straight to their bank account. We also advise the clients/home owners that they should take our bill and pursue the Water Companies when it is their responsibility. You see down here we have a system where there is a line of responsibility. When there is a choke the Client/homeowner has to employ a Plumber to determine where the choke is. Then we call them and argue like no tomorrow. Then they send out a HACK who does every thing that we aren't allowed to do because they claim to be able to do what they want whenever. Mind you it was us, the simple idiot taxpayers who paid for the sewer in the first place. On the question of roots in the main, couldn't be less interested in helping these parasite Companies.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                        Hey CUDA you guys are so lucky. At least your Water Boards or Departments treat you with respect. Down here we are treat with absolute contempt so subsequently we tell them absolutely nothing. Wrong/bad attitude but they are only interested in a one way dialogue, straight to their bank account. We also advise the clients/home owners that they should take our bill and pursue the Water Companies when it is their responsibility. You see down here we have a system where there is a line of responsibility. When there is a choke the Client/homeowner has to employ a Plumber to determine where the choke is. Then we call them and argue like no tomorrow. Then they send out a HACK who does every thing that we aren't allowed to do because they claim to be able to do what they want whenever. Mind you it was us, the simple idiot taxpayers who paid for the sewer in the first place. On the question of roots in the main, couldn't be less interested in helping these parasite Companies.
                        Don`t you start with the choke up a pipe its a blocked up I have to put up with these Yankies calling it stopped up when it is BLOCKED UP you cannot stop up a pipe but you can block up a pipe its just bad English

Tony

Comment

Are the aussies knowed for gooder English than us's

Comment

Working...
                          X