Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Inspection picture....what is it? #2

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
    I love this game!

I thought those were grooves but the more I look I think those are threads.It's the inside of a ABS threaded cap. Difficult to see without a reference point but I'd say 1-1/2" or 2".
    I concur

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
      I have a real problem with working for other contractors, if i am the one in charge then I run the show but if I do not know them very well I tend to shy away from working with them just because of things like that Ben.
      I would rather sit home than work for a General Contractor . Never happen
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        So it looks like I won't find out. The plumber who hired me to do this turned greedy and is suggesting some shady stuff so I'm stepping away from our relationship. But the 2 opinions that I thought were the best was the inside of a black 7/11 coffee cup lid or the winning numbers to a plastic powerade bottle.

Here's the inside of a coffee lid....not the one in the sewer.
        How about Rickey's Reverse Auger ?
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

This is in 6" pipe. I wasn't sure on the backwater because I snaked 120' without any issue coming back. I was using the 7/8 cable with the general 3" spiral sawtooth.

So what happened was the guy started coming late paying me...."oh can i pay you tomorrow" kinda thing, plus he'd be $10-20 short a couple times. Then he gave me a job the other day and he asked for a 50 kickback. My reply to that was "I don't make money on your digs....should we rethink that policy"? He declined the kickback at that point. So yesterday we get to this job and he sells the drain job(he pays me, customer pays him) and he makes a little on top. Did the camera and saw this. So he sells a jetting job on the line for tomorrow with the same deal....he pays me, customer pays him, he makes a little on the top. But then he calls me this morning and says the job is canceled and he's putting in a cleanout. Here's the issue....there's already a cleanout there and the black lid thing is on the upstream of the wye. I asked him about the clay pipe left in there and he says he's gonna leave it. So basically he's having the customer spend alot on money to put something in that's already there that won't fix the problem. He doesn't know yet but my schedule is about to get real packed.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I thought back water valve until you said the coffee cup lid. I think I've seen that printing on the coffee cup lids.
            Dang now we will never know

Comment

I agree with the coffee cup lid, for what it's worth.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I never would have guessed it, but I agree.. Coffee cup lid...

Comment

Working...
                X