Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I jet

812 Cam - YouTube

So here's a video of todays job. Last time the line has been touched is 7/31/2011. I jetted it today cause the landlord was there and wanted me to do it. The video is real time and the video was never stopped except at the 54' mark. I ran the camera in, went to 54', hit pause turned the jetter and started the video again. 13hp, 4gpm 3500 psi jetter with a root ranger. The roots were light on this one but I do the same process for all my jetting.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: How I jet

Great job,, so now it's official, you do in fact go forward a few feet instead of back 10 like me. I'm to afraid of marring up a hose. Have you ever had to replace a hose cuz it was screwed up prematurely.

Comment

Nope never, no damage yet, but I spin the root ranger the entire time the foot pedal is pressed. If you're really worried about it, I'd put some christie tape on the first 10'. Keep in mind I was using a root ranger. No idea what a spinning nozzle would do and certainly don't recommend the chain flail with this technique. Made the video cause I hear so often that spinning the root ranger by hand sucks and takes to long and wanted to show plumbers the difficulty is overrated.
      Last edited by gear junkie; 12-26-2013, 09:59 PM.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

That's true, it's not that big of deal if you know what your doing. I was at the wrong spot it seemed to often when I did it. I get frustrated easily.
        How many inches from the exit part of the root ranger would you say you put it in front of the roots.

Comment

I try for 2" to 5" but you can see in the video. I don't position the nozzle in relation to the roots but focus on the joint. I didn't do anything special for the video. Just did everything like I usually do.

BTW here's the setup on the ground. The jetter was far away.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by gear junkie; 12-27-2013, 02:23 AM.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

that is pretty dang good.

Comment

I just realized this on yesterdays jetting job although I knew this for awhile. The jetter I used for the video was 3500 psi with a 200' of 1/4 hose so I was only getting maybe 2000 psi at the nozzle. I now have a 3000 psi pump so I'm only getting 1500 psi at the nozzle but am still cutting roots like a champ. Point is....the lower pressure at the nozzle is probably the biggest reason why I never had camera damage. This may not be the best technique if you have higher nozzle pressure.

BTW.....ordered a new 3/8 jetter with 1/4 ends(ridgid) so I'll only have 300 psi of pressure loss. If I was cutting roots no issues with 1500 psi, 2700 psi will blow them away!
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

We tape the front of the Root Ranger to the back of the spring.
                Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                Albert Einstein

Comment

I've tried that Bill but had no luck. Turning the RR was impossible for me when taped to the camera. However it is a great technique when needing extra push for the camera during an inspection.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by bill2601 View Post
                    We tape the front of the Root Ranger to the back of the spring.
                    Would you post a picture of this please ?

Comment

Gear,like several others on this forum,your posts are always very well written.

Comment

Working...
                      X