Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tool on Truck

HEAT GUN:

It's a bit nippy up here in Minnesota.
    So much that my couplers on the sectional cables are frozen.

Yes I do spray them down with WD 40 and penetrating fluid when I
    uncouple them.

Think it's going to warm all the way up to Zero by the end of the week.

Gotta love it

Re: New Tool on Truck

I use a torch for the couplers...one less cord to trip over.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Had the same problem today with a high of 3 above, a few hits with a hammer solved the problem.

Comment

Weather office in Canada is predicting a wind chill of -51 tonight for my city. Everything is going to be cold in the morning.

Motor League is already hours behind on calls for boosting or towing as its been cold since before Christmas. Could probably make good money going around jumping vehicles in the mall lots.

Comment

And I got to turn on the water to keep mine cool. T-shirt and ac on in the truck.

We could use a little rain. It's only been 3.5" since june.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

-6 f this morning pulling a well pump. That was not the wind chill.

Comment

Its fun going out in lined jeans, fleece shirt, insulated overalls, parka, garbage man mitts, mad trapper hat and boots to shovel 4 or 5 inches of snow off the driveway and sidewalk.

Just remember to use the sanitary facilities first and don't drink anything after as it will take 5 -10 minutes to get everything off once you get back in the house.

6 more months and the weather will change to the point where we will be dressing like Rick was describing above (can't come soon enough for me)

Comment

It was -18º this morning when I started up the truck. Glad I plugged it in.

Comment

You cold weather guys,,, my hat is off to you. I don't see how you do it. When it's in the 40's in the morn (like 10 days a year) I think no way could I work in below freezing conditions. I've been in so Cal my whole life minus 6 months in Seattle and when I learned it rained to much I bee lined it back here.
                  It's so funny when we get a cold or rainy weather system come in and people say,, boy this weather sure is weird, and I think,,, you idiot, it's not weird it's called a different climate blowing in and by. I'm sometimes jealous when I see a beautiful white Christmas or the fall leaves changing on TV. But I get through it.
                  Hang in there, you got no choice.

Comment

I stop working when it drizzles outside.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      And I got to turn on the water to keep mine cool. T-shirt and ac on in the truck.

We could use a little rain. It's only been 3.5" since june.

Rick.
                      3.5 inches, that's a wet weekend here. I think we have
                      over 45 inches for the year, and I know that's not a lot.

3.5 inches sounds like desert conditions, or would seem like it to me.
                      I couldn't imagine having such little rainfall. I'd like to have a bit more than 45/year.

This data is for a regional airport not far from me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fbd7be7f42e1b09f79e55e48656fae52.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	18093

This Fall was drier than normal. We usually see about 4 or 5 inches in Sep. and Oct.
                      Last edited by Bob D.; 12-31-2013, 05:49 AM.
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                        It was -18º this morning when I started up the truck. Glad I plugged it in.
                        How the hell do you work in minus 18 degrees you must be made

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          I stop working when it drizzles outside.
                          Ha Ha Ha!!

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                            How the hell do you work in minus 18 degrees you must be made

Tony
                            Guys and girls I feel sorry for are the water dept first response crews in cold weather.

Right now its -36 (windchill -47) and on the breakfast TV news I see a report of a break on a major street and the crews are walking around in ankle deep ice water/slush looking for the valve ports so they can try and steam them open to put a valve key in to shut the water off. At least they can warm up after while they wait for the other utilities to come by and do the underground locates before they start digging.

Also for the hydro crews and telephone/cable crews that have to work in blizzards and cold weather to restore service.

Comment

31 below zero yesterday--warmed up a bit this morning, only 26 below! Good news is we have a high of 11 below predicted for today. Nice by the fireplace.

Comment

Working...
                              X