X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter Safety

Name:  588f07744a8b55c68770d531f469f3b9.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  65.5 KBSo we're all jetting full time but gotta do it safe. Alway wear eye protection. Here's a pic of my small jetter. Focus on the components. First a water shutoff inline between the nozzle and jetter. I used a trigger gun for my electric setup, however a foot pedal is just as good and I use one for my bigger jetter. The big jetters (4018+)can use the remote control or a foot pedal as well. Main thing is have a water shutoff just in case the water needs to be shutoff quickly. Shutting off the water supply will only destroy the pump.

Next the hose. Notice the red-white-red tape? This is my 5' mark and tells me to shut the water off when pulling out of the cleanout. A short (5'-15') different colored hose can be used for the bigger jetters.

In case you think jetters aren't dangerous, here's a link to Jetter's Edge http://www.thejettersedge.com.au/art...etter-injuries. Those australians got jetting down to a science but even they get bit.
    Last edited by gear junkie; 01-08-2014, 04:11 PM.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Jetter Safety

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    Name:  588f07744a8b55c68770d531f469f3b9.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  65.5 KBSo we're all jetting full time but gotta do it safe. Alway wear eye protection. Here's a pic of my small jetter. Focus on the components. First a water shutoff inline between the nozzle and jetter. I used a trigger gun for my electric setup, however a foot pedal is just as good and I use one for my bigger jetter. The big jetters (4018+)can use the remote control or a foot pedal as well. Main thing is have a water shutoff just in case the water needs to be shutoff quickly. Shutting off the water supply will only destroy the pump.

Next the hose. Notice the red-white-red tape? This is my 5' mark and tells me to shut the water off when pulling out of the cleanout. A short (5'-15') different colored hose can be used for the bigger jetters.

In case you think jetters aren't dangerous, here's a link to Jetter's Edge Jetter Injuries - The Jetters Edge - Jetting Nozzles - Jetting Hose - High Pressure Jetting Nozzles - Mustang Nozzles - Jetting Nozzles - High Pressure Hose. Those australians got jetting down to a science but even they get bit.
    Ben, can You describe the unit and It's limatations ? Also PSI and Gal per Minute, Please
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Professional Drain and Sewer Cleaning Equipment and Machines | Gorlitz

Limitations? 2" and under only. I use the 3/16 x 50' hose because 1/8" hose hose has too much pressure drop. I only bought this because I got it at a great price. I wouldn't recommend it as a first choice for a jetter.
      Last edited by gear junkie; 01-08-2014, 06:48 PM.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I saw the last photo several months ago when it was emailed to me by the person pictured. he was using the rr in a test pipe and it jumped out the far end and came back behind his ear. cut it and needed stitches and then did the happy dance to his face. he got lucky that was all it hit as his eye was next in line.

a snake will break bones, fingers and cut you. a jetter will cut off flesh and turn it into hamburger meat. it can easily blind you, poison you and kill you.

ive been touched by the jet 2 times and at that pressure it feels like a flame and not water.

if you plan on getting into jetting, I suggest to take a safety class and ride shotgun with an experienced operator. ive had people come out abd spend a day or 2 to learn some safety, basics and advanced tricks. anyone wanting to take me up on hat offer, let me know and we will make it happen. just the trip to la alone is worth it even if we never jet.

some stuff cant be learned online. it needs hands on, and if you screw up, it might be hands off along with fingers too.

a safety spring loaded foot valve or trigger gun is a must as its the fastest way of shutting off the flow in an emergency. just like a foot pedal on a snake.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Rick is the one who really taught me the meat and potatoes of what I know with jetting. Riding with him is well worth it. Best Hawaiian BBQ lunch I ever bought.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
          X