X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Mustang Nozzles 'Spinna' Nozzle

This is the new Mustang Nozzles 'Spinna' Nozzle designed to scrub the inside of pipes using controlled rotation. The nozzle is made from hardened stainless steel for long life and it will fit in places other controlled rotation nozzles won't, like pan vents and waste stack pipes. It's been on the drawing board for over 7 years! What do you think?

http://youtu.be/f5rtcXBWz-8
    Attached Files
    Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
    Albert Einstein

Re: The new Mustang Nozzles 'Spinna' Nozzle

Saw the video, looks great. Possible to put a ruler next to it so we can see the size?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

It measures 75mm long and 42mm wide at the head.
      or, 3" long and 1.7" wide

When are you guys going to go metric?!
      Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Very cool. Is it the same as a warthog, or different in some way. Price tag?
        And if you are interested in marketing it here in the states let me suggest you translate liters to gallons. I'm old stupid and lazy. Smile and thanks
        Oh,,, are you by Melbourne? I'm watching the aussie open,,,,,, and 108 degrees? Ouch
        Last edited by theplungerman; 01-15-2014, 07:44 PM.

Comment

It can run 5gpm and up. It is similar to other controlled rotation nozzles but smaller with different parts and a hardened case. The beta version we just released sell for $499. We are testing them in Sydney and will release the final version in 6 months. Yes, it's hot here atm.
          Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

is there larger flow versions for bigger pipe and root cutting?

what percentage is forward flow for stoppage penetration?

does it pull good?

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Good questions Rick,,, so I ditto him.
              So 499 is for 3/8? 1/4
              1/2 model. Price?
              499 could be an attractive price.
              In the video the forward stream seemed a little small. How many gpm on that video.
              With that being said, you could have a winner. Well done.

Comment

$499 is for the 1/4" version. We jetted it to suit the most popular 5.5gpm 4-5000psi machines over here. We needed to have the front jet small to increase thrust with the low volume of water and high pressure (5000psi).
                It pulls well and cleans the pipe walls with ease. We designed it to be run with 60m 3/16" jet hose connected to 60m 1/4" jet hose making it a total of 120m and allowed for the pressure drop. When you connect it directly to the 60m 1/4" hose it pulls harder.

This is the smallest sealed, controlled rotation nozzle on the market for tight bends, stacks and vents.

We have designed aggressive replaceable nose caps so you can swap the jet nose cap for a toothed cap.

The 3/8" version will be slightly bigger for larger machines, all with interchangeable jets.
                The 1/2" version will be slightly bigger again but a lot smaller than other types of controlled rotation nozzles.

The jets used in the video are blunt jets for descaling and small root buildup. The next set of jets are sharp for root cutting.

The nozzles are made from hardened stainless for long life and comes with long life components.

The video was a 5.5gpm machines but with pressure drop running about 4.2gpm at the nozzle.

Hold tight for the larger models...
                Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

At $499 it's competetive with other high end nozzles. I have a 7gpm 5kpsi setup, I'm thinking I might be interested; I was looking into buying the 1/4" Warthog; it's not controlled spin. What's the maintenance on these Bill? Did I read correctly that the front jet can be plugged if the line is flowing to get all power to the rear jets? I like the idea of versatility in any nozzle. We should have gone metric years ago, but since we haven't, I can't imagine the mess switching now would make at this point. Mustang is a real innovator when it comes to jetting.. I just like it much better than cables.. Keep it going Bill; nice job.

Comment

don't buy the 1/4" warthog. I have one and it's decent but it won't cut roots and still cost in the high 400.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      don't buy the 1/4" warthog. I have one and it's decent but it won't cut roots and still cost in the high 400.

biggest piece of junk out there. they know it and discontinued and bought back their 3/8'' model. wish they would man up and buy back the 1/4'' piece of crap.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Wow, I didn't think it was that bad. Did pretty decent in grease and cleaning pipe for video inspections. Just not a root cutter whatsoever. But hearing some comments of my root ranger video, I'm starting to think a regular warthog isn't a big root cutter either.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Looks great bill. What's the rotation control feature? My only complaint with wt 3/8 has been the constant oiling and blown seals.

Spray from side jets looks like it's dispersing too much. I'd think more cutting action would come from a more solid stream. is more l/d ratio possible on the orifices?
                          Last edited by Ace Sewer; 01-19-2014, 08:20 PM.
                          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Front cap is replaceable with a blank cap. Rear jets are blunt, sharp jets coming.
                            Bearings are different along with other features we can discuss in a few months.
                            We are holding sales to Australia for reliability testing.

Will send video in a drain with no front jet soon.

Thanks for all you great feedback.

If you have any other ideas for jet nozzles, please tell me so we can add them to the drawing board. We have a jet bracket that clips onto a Ridgid camera coming out next so you can safely propel your camera to the problem area without the fear of the jetter nozzle passing the saphine crystal lens and penetrating the lens seal.... plus a smart chisel nozzle. 2014 will be a big year for production and R&D.
                            Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                            X