Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewer Jetting (testing) 3 different Nozzles

Here is a link to a jetting job I did,
    Seattle Drain Service Jetting root filled 6" Line with a Warthog and a Root Ranger And A Chain Flail - YouTube

warning it is kinda long because it is start to finish. Jetter specs 4000-4500 psi (depending on nozzle) at 25 GPM. The Jetter nozzles are the 1/2" Warthog with front jet, The 1/2" Jetters Edge Root Ranger and a ENZ 1/2" Chain Flail Nozzle . This line is one of the most stubborn I have done, I have been jetting this every 2 years for 8 years now, the problem is the roots are tougher than most roots I think they are from the massive ivy all over the yard. The pipe joints are separated and shield some angles at the roots. I like to get 100% of the roots on jobs but on this one i have settled for 75% most of the time. But this time I used all 3 of the nozzles just to show what they will and won't do. The warthog would take forever to complete this to 100% but if 75% was the goal it would be fine. The Chain flail rips a nice hole but gets stuck in pipe separations then digs into the clay pipe. So the real winner was the 1/2" Root Ranger but it needs more work from the operator to get the whole pipe.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Sewer Jetting (testing) 3 different Nozzles

no sound?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

No Sound, All you would hear is jetter nozzles sounding like airplane motors and me yelling to my guy "HIT IT" "Stop!" over and over lol.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Very impressive video. Thanks for the view. Why not pipe patch?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I jumped around and didn't see the Enz. You know more than I, I know that and everybody else here knows that,,, but, (smile) I would go down with the warthog first, then work back like you've posted before saying to do,,,, with the chain flailer, work it with a back and forth motion on the remaining bad spots. With 25gpm that things gotta be spinning big time. Now you said it got stuck on the joints. I wouldn't know, probably because I don't go down with it while it's a major root fest. And I don't know if you did it this way.
          I know the root ranger is lethal, I just don't like the blow back and the extra effort twisting the hose. I'm old and lazy. And don't dig that big spray fountain out the clean out.
          At what time in the video is the Enz?

Comment

It was Warthog First then the root ranger, then the chain flail but it kept getting stuck I was using the carrier because it is 6" pipe. Then I might have done the warthog again but in the end the stubborn roots got the Root Ranger to finish. Too many bad joints to make the pipe patch be cost effective so it will get lined.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

ive been saying for years that the root ranger is the most aggressive nozzle out there. but it can blow back and it has poor penetration on a plugged up line due to no real forward jet. if the line is flowing, then a forward jet is not needed. but when it's plugged solid, then you need to open it first before the root ranger will clean.

just stay far away from the monster jet, it can take off an arm just as easy as it can rip apart the roots.

nice job.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                It was Warthog First then the root ranger, then the chain flail but it kept getting stuck I was using the carrier because it is 6" pipe. Then I might have done the warthog again but in the end the stubborn roots got the Root Ranger to finish. Too many bad joints to make the pipe patch be cost effective so it will get lined.
                I belive when I showed off my chain flailer nozzel you said you had 1 like it. Mine is a keg and made for 2-4 inch pipe. So if that's the case and you were using the skid for it you were to low. The keg rep said you can get satisfactory results out of 6 and I did just that, but with no skid. I sent it back and saved 400 ish. You have 25 gpm, that is major power and more than enough to kick serious but with the right chain scraper. As much as I like my scraper if I buy another one it will be an enz. About 2k for the kit. So go buy one and tell us how much more you like it than the rr. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  ive been saying for years that the root ranger is the most aggressive nozzle out there. but it can blow back and it has poor penetration on a plugged up line due to no real forward jet. if the line is flowing, then a forward jet is not needed. but when it's plugged solid, then you need to open it first before the root ranger will clean.

just stay far away from the monster jet, it can take off an arm just as easy as it can rip apart the roots.

nice job.

rick.
                  Which one is this?
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

The 1/2" root ranger is the monster. Get too close and they'll call you lefty.

Rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                    X