Jetter hose for traps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter hose for traps.

I'm looking for advice on what hose to get for floor sinks in restaurants.
    I'm hoping 1/4 inch isn't to big.(because I'm getting my 3/8 cable through no problem) But a preliminary search has brought up a stiff 3/16 as my choices so far.
    1 is a poly coated steal braid, pricey from jetter depot 275 for 75ft with a tiny nozzel made from traps.
    Another is a steel braid.
    I also don't know if 1/4 is to big.
    Thank you.

Re: Jetter hose for traps.

Bang an email to Aussie Bill. If he isn't too busy increasing his family he will certainly pipe in and help you out. Even though he resides in the Capital City of Australia(just an in joke sorry Guys....!!!!) he is pretty forthcoming with help. Mind you he wasn't too keen to help out with urinals. Anyone who can come up with a hose for these will make a motza.

Comment

I have managed a few 2" pvc traps with my 1/4"; very tight. Cast or 1 1/2" traps, forget it. That said, I've found out not all 3/16" are the same. You see, it's not the hose that's the problem, it's the terminal. There is a 3/16" line that Ace uses that is by exitflex and is sold by US Jetting and others as microline. I bought a 3/16" Schieffer hose but the terminal is barely smaller than my 1/4"... So not much help. Between the terminal and depending how long your nozzle is, you have to much solid straight to make such tight turns. These aren't issues when you're using your 18 gpm on a straight shot of 6"or greater.

Comment

Thanks for that. Jetter depot was touting there 3/16 of being stiff enough yet flexy enough,,, with the fittings being much much smaller, along with a small nozzel.
        Jetter North West said they have a steel braided 3/16 they put a drop head like nozzel on, (I have the nozzel allready, 90 bucks) that he can put down a 1 1/2 P trap. Which is good enough for me,,, as I'm mostly looking for success on floor sinks in restaurants, which I think are always or at least mostly 2inch. And only looking to go about 40 feet ish.

Comment

yeah. I like exitflex dp1.3
          it's 3/16 id hose with 1/8 npt end. Brass braid with a vinyl cover. both harben and us jetting sell it.

Like rich says the problem is getting a nozzle/crimp combo with a short enough unflexible oal to go round the trap. I do 2" traps in cast and plastic with ease with this hose.

PS I jet through many urinal traps with this right into the line w/o pulling them off the wall.

Comment

Last edited by gear junkie; 05-28-2018, 03:51 AM.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Thanks ace, I Googled trap hose and found a post years ago where you basically say the same thing. I found the manufacturers Web site (big time hose manufacturer for sure) and will be calling them or finding a dealer tomorrow morn.
              In my search I saw this bulbis looking nozzle that looks interesting.
              Like gear said what is your nozzle of choice for traps. I have this drop head snakey leader like thingamajig.
              Thank. I appreciate it.

Comment

I use a few different ones. I like these brass balls from Gorlitz. I like the JB04. They work well at 2gpm. Would probably be too restrictive at much more than that. I don't use any of this on lines bigger than 2".

PS. Hook onto hot water. Makes the hose more supple. Ignore worries about damaging the pump. It doesn't happen.
                Last edited by Ace Sewer; 01-19-2014, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                    These will navigate the traps? No corner nozzle needed?

I put that nozzle on the end of exitflex dp 1.3 and go through 2" traps easily with 2gpm of domestic hot behind it. Makes about 1500psi according to the gage on the pump. There is a particular cast iron trap of a very tight bend that I've only seen in washer boxes that I can't do. Those are tough even with a tiny cable.

Comment

Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

That brass ball looking nozzel resembles the bulbis 1 I was referring too.
                        Thanks ace for the reply. I'm ready to buy the hose and nozzel.

Comment

I have to dig out my old Viking Jetter kit. the best nozzles they had was the brass balls with 6 jets back 1 forward, the corning nozzle that had 2 jets back one on the side, and then they had a nozzle that had a short spring on the front with a ping pong ball attached to the end of the spring. The ball would float the hose in a blocked line and get you over any solid debris on the bottom of the pipe.
                          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                          Ron's Facebook
                          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

general has a nozzle with a short spring leader. great for low volume machines. will destroy the spring with a decent pressure machine as it slams into a fitting. but it was the 1 nozzle that would get around almost any hard turn.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                            X