X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K50 drum adapter saved my butt today.

New customer. Mainline has a big hole in it but that's another story. Got done with the mainline and come upstair to a bath sink not draining. 1-1/2" galvy pipe. Tried my 5/8 cable with every style blade to no avail. The cable isn't coming in. Go back to van and grab my drum adapter. However I switched the front ends. So I used a 5/16" front end with a 3/8 drum. Made so a big difference.....so easy to feed in and out. In any case the 5/16 cable along with my undersink contraption ver 3.0 got it knocked out in about 20 minutes. So glad someone (cough cough mark) introduced me to the K50.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: K50 drum adapter saved my butt today.

To save room on my truck I no longer carry the k-50,,,,,,,I now carry the k-60 with 5/8" cable and 7/8 cable,,,I wonder if Rick's reverse auger on the 5/8 cable would work?

Comment

Would work Confused.

It works like amazingly. Easily navigates 2" traps. Have pulled back a couple strainers that were dropped in to the drains.

Cut off the first few inches of tight wind cable and heat up a loop to make the hook.

I just made a drill adapter for the 5/8" cable the other day. Pretty easy with a lathe.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I love the 5/8 cable myself but those 1-1/2" galvanized fitting were just too much.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          New customer. Mainline has a big hole in it but that's another story. Got done with the mainline and come upstair to a bath sink not draining. 1-1/2" galvy pipe. Tried my 5/8 cable with every style blade to no avail. The cable isn't coming in. Go back to van and grab my drum adapter. However I switched the front ends. So I used a 5/16" front end with a 3/8 drum. Made so a big difference.....so easy to feed in and out. In any case the 5/16 cable along with my undersink contraption ver 3.0 got it knocked out in about 20 minutes. So glad someone (cough cough mark) introduced me to the K50.
          Nice You mentioned this Ben. Everyday You guys use a K 50 or 60 say , a lil prayer for brother MarkS good health ! He led Rick by the hand and gave Him a K-50 with training wheels ! Any good artists out there ?
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            Would work Confused.

It works like amazingly. Easily navigates 2" traps. Have pulled back a couple strainers that were dropped in to the drains.

Cut off the first few inches of tight wind cable and heat up a loop to make the hook.

I just made a drill adapter for the 5/8" cable the other day. Pretty easy with a lathe.

Rick.
            Could you please tell me some examples of when or where you would use the 5/8" sectional cables with a drill ,and also what model drill do you prefer?

Comment

Not a strong drill, a variable speed even cordless drill is fine. 7.5' can be a bit long if you torque up, but keeping the cable stretched out is the trick. Roof vents with a cordless is the best.a trap could be tricky with too much cable out of the line. Running a reverse auger and drill set to reverse will self feed into the line.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

5/8" cable will NOT pass 1.5" CI drainage 90's, which are basically vent 90's . not even the reverse auger. I have had a hard time getting the reverse auger to pass 45's too. tees are also a pita. I typically use general 1/4" cable for 1.5" lines.

Ben, you are 100% right about the 3/8 drum being easier to feed 5/16 cable in and out of.

Got a picture of your "undercounter contraption 3.0"??? very intrigued!

Comment

Ive used my 7/8'' reverse auger on 1.5'' iron with a 45 to get into a 4'' main on many occasions. now a vent 90, forget about it.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                  X