Screws in drain lines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screws in drain lines

2 jobs in less than 30 days where a 3" abs vertical was plugged because someone had run screws, like 2 1/2" deck screws, into the pipe from outside the drywall to secure something to the wall. Screws then stick halfway across the pipe and catch paper and clog the line. Now remove your cabinet or whatever, break out the drywall behind, repair the holes in the pipe so you don't get drips and mold, then put everything back.

"Oh yeah, got a stud that time. That sucked in nice and tight!"
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: Screws in drain lines

had a similar one a few years back with the tiny screws that secure a front door bell button. except this time the screw rotted out and the pipe was leaking on a vertical joint. homeowner didn't believe me until I showed him the removed pipe with the 2 holes and the c/c spread and height of the repair. he was hopping the hoa would pay for his stupidity. time to pay the piper.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I have seen where someone puts a cleanout cover and drills a lag bolt so long that it went through the ABS cleanout tee on the back side. Funny thing is that it only leaked after the bolt had rusted so bad that it dissolved.

Comment

I got hung up in a vent a few years back
        The home owner wana be plumber had off set the PVC to the back of the house
        Instead of running strap around the horizontal pipe
        In his mind he thought he could save strap if he just screwed it to the pipe
        He went into the attic with his screw gun and I got my cable out

Comment

Yeah Patrick, I had one like that a few years ago where the stack plugged because someone used a 4" bolt and a winged drywall anchor to stick a chrome cover to a cleanout plug. The nice thing was that when it flooded the bathroom above, it did at least rain into the bathroom where the cover was so the perp got to be a victim as well.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
          X