X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1.25" Eel/General Cable...

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
    Were you able to pull your cable out ?

Yep it bound up couldn't pull it back so I put it in reverse. It backed out slow for that 3 or 4 feet then popped loose and pulled out fine. that piece of cable was mangled bad. still can't figure why it wouldn't have flipped outside the pipe. sometimes I'll use a piece of PVC to the right length so not much cable is exposed when I'm in a tough blockage and really cranking on it,but not that time
    Last edited by saysflushable; 02-01-2014, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
      Yep it bound up couldn't pull it back so I put it in reverse. It backed out slow for that 3 or 4 feet then popped loose and pulled out fine. that piece of cable was mangled bad. still can't figure why it wouldn't have flipped outside the pipe. sometimes I'll use a piece of PVC to the right length so not much cable is exposed when I'm in a tough blockage and really cranking on it,but not that time

That's when the 4' comes in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
        That's when the 4' comes in handy.
        that's almost always with 4' or less outside the cleanout I'll have 1 foot or less of cable exposed if need be.
        Last edited by saysflushable; 02-01-2014, 09:51 PM.

Comment

I flipped my Eel 1.25 HD cables (5/8" IC) in a 6" line. Rodding from a 3.5" cleanout on a 4" CI stack that went through 4" 1/4 bend into 6" clay for 10' then into a 6" tee on its side. Flipped at the tee trying to make the turn. took an hour to get it out. It was my first time rodding the line and I had no idea that the main was laid out that way. Found out after the fact that there was a catch basin in the back that is still active but covered by an addition.

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
            I flipped my Eel 1.25 HD cables (5/8" IC) in a 6" line. Rodding from a 3.5" cleanout on a 4" CI stack that went through 4" 1/4 bend into 6" clay for 10' then into a 6" tee on its side. Flipped at the tee trying to make the turn. took an hour to get it out. It was my first time rodding the line and I had no idea that the main was laid out that way. Found out after the fact that there was a catch basin in the back that is still active but covered by an addition.
            I hate when they cover active catch basins. There are times the rod will leave the house drain hit the tee for the main and head back up into the catch basin. Knotting up in the catch basin is a royal pain.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            Ron's Facebook
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
            X