1.25" Eel/General Cable...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.25" Eel/General Cable...

Have any of you ever flipped an Eel or General 1.25" cable in a 4" line ? What about a 6" line ?

What was the outcome ?

Re: 1.25" Eel/General Cable...

Don't tell me it's possible.
    There goes the dream.

Comment

Originally posted by fixitright View Post
      Don't tell me it's possible.
      There goes the dream.

I seen on another forum what looks to be 1.25" Eel cable that flipped in a 4" line. 6" maybe but I don't see how it's possible in a 4" line ???

Comment

I flipped my 7/8'' in a 4'' line, but it was in the base of a comby. made a big write up on it several years back. even managed to run it 60' downstream and another 10' reverse before I picked up on it.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          I flipped my 7/8'' in a 4'' line, but it was in the base of a comby. made a big write up on it several years back. even managed to run it 60' downstream and another 10' reverse before I picked up on it.

rick.

Do you think it would be possible with 1.25" Eel type cable ?

Comment

sure did. I wasn't far out from the 4 inch into 6 inch. I was feeding the cable in when I should have been pulling back. heck in the short time Ive been using eel cable I broke 3 heavy duty 4" cutters and 1 thin cutter,

I come to clear roots not dance with my grandma

Comment

I just don't see it being possible in 4", maybe possible in 6".
              I saw the thread you are talking about.

Comment

4'' pipe impossible. inside a comby, it might be possible, but you'll know right away.

6'' would be difficult. but easier in a comby or tee.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                  sure did. I wasn't far out from the 4 inch into 6 inch. I was feeding the cable in when I should have been pulling back. heck in the short time Ive been using eel cable I broke 3 heavy duty 4" cutters and 1 thin cutter,

I come to clear roots not dance with my grandma

Are you saying you flipped in a 6" line ?

Dude, you need to lay off the Wheaties and get a feel for things

Comment

I use C-14 cable. Going down a 6" cleanout to the main and the cable curled up stream. Cranking on the cable because it was stuck. Never happened before. But the cable had seen to much acid over the years and has become soft. I can not believe the kinds of acid they sell.
                    Roots beware of the C snake with shark teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                      Are you saying you flipped in a 6" line ?

Dude, you need to lay off the Wheaties and get a feel for things
                      it was in 6 inch. I hit a hard spot but I could still feed the cable in slow so I kept letting it take cable for about 3 feet or more. I figured I should have been pulling back. I don't now why it flipped inside the pipe and not outside. go figure,
                      Sad to say the days of feeling whats going on is gone. If I know I'm in clay I'm pushing that dog for all it's worth, you know what it's like to have every drain 100 foot but mostly more. I've got no time to go easy. I do miss useing the skilsl needed with the drum or K60. it was like bass fishing on 2 pound test line

Comment

it was in 6 inch. I hit a hard spot but I could still feed the cable in slow so I kept letting it take cable for about 3 feet or more. I figured I should have been pulling back. I don't now why it flipped inside the pipe and not outside. go figure,
                        Sad to say the days of feeling whats going on is gone. If I know I'm in clay I'm pushing that dog for all it's worth, you know what it's like to have every drain 100 foot but mostly more. I've got no time to go easy. I do miss using the skills needed with the drum or K60. it was like bass fishing on 2 pound test line

Glad I'm not the only one pushing line after line over 100 feet. Just picked up more 1 1/4 so I have just over 200 feet.
                        Just got into the drill so the truck will have more room without the Model "C".

Roots beware

Comment

Sad to say the days of feeling whats going on is gone. If I know I'm in clay I'm pushing that dog for all it's worth, you know what it's like to have every drain 100 foot but mostly more. I've got no time to go easy. I do miss useing the skilsl needed with the drum or K60. it was like bass fishing on 2 pound test line

Were you able to pull your cable out ?

Comment

I've flipped the 7/8", not the 1.25". I'll never use my j-cable again lol. I'm assuming your talking about me with the resent thread I put up on PZ and on facebook. I did it because I was rushing. I was trying to knock it out quick and work it into my booked up schedule I let my guard down....can happen to all of us. Don't get in a hurry!

Name:  632a6df67dd1a6ca80f6b036a3ba98ec.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  216.8 KB
                            Last edited by Will Rogers Plumbing; 02-01-2014, 08:13 AM.
                            Will Rogers Plumbing
                            Moore, Oklahoma
                            (
                            405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                            http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                              I've flipped the 7/8", not the 1.25". I'll never use my j-cable again lol. I'm assuming your talking about me with the resent thread I put up on PZ and on facebook. I did it because I was rushing. I was trying to knock it out quick and work it into my booked up schedule I let my guard down....can happen to all of us. Don't get in a hurry!

Name:  632a6df67dd1a6ca80f6b036a3ba98ec.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  216.8 KB

I saw the Eel type inner core cable and assumed it was the 1.25", sorry Will

Comment

Working...
                              X