Root Ranger extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Root Ranger extension

Last edited by gear junkie; 05-28-2018, 03:33 AM.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Root Ranger extension

The extension will help slow down the ferociousness of the RR3000 in a 6" pipe but the weight won't stop it doing its job. It's main purpose is to prevent the nozzle from turning around and coming back for you in a 6" and 8" pipe. It also reduces the chance of the nozzle going back up a junction.

See some jetting tips here The Jetters Edge Training & Safety Videos - The Jetters Edge - Jetting Nozzles - Jetting Hose - High Pressure Jetting Nozzles - Mustang Nozzles - Jetting Nozzles - High Pressure Hose.

Or, you could try a Double Barrel Root Ranger nozzle for a bit more excitement?!
    Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Never used the extension on the 1/4" root ranger. That's because I need to navigate 3 and 4" pipe first before hitting the 6" pipe.

I've used an extension with my 1/2" root ranger on 12" storm drain pipe.

Ben only has 3.5gpm so a double will be a boat anchor for him right now.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Last edited by gear junkie; 05-28-2018, 03:35 AM.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Either way you're still a little pisser.

Rick.
          Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 02-09-2014, 11:34 PM. Reason: auto spell check sucks
          phoebe it is

Comment

Last edited by gear junkie; 05-28-2018, 03:35 AM.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ben, do you keep your camera ahead of the root ranger or several feet behind?

If ahead, do you see wear on your camera cable from the root ranger blast?

I made a mistake with the 3/8" warthog letting it run down while my camera was in the line. The carbide wear pads nicked into my camera cable, even though it was a fast pass.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Last edited by gear junkie; 05-28-2018, 03:36 AM.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  Ben, do you keep your camera ahead of the root ranger or several feet behind?

If ahead, do you see wear on your camera cable from the root ranger blast?

I made a mistake with the 3/8" warthog letting it run down while my camera was in the line. The carbide wear pads nicked into my camera cable, even though it was a fast pass.

Rick.
                  Do you think Christie tape would have prevented that nick. I'm afraid,, it's like a 2k plus gamble.

Comment

Working...
                  X