Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank you roto rooter, for the unmarked two way sweep ,clean out !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you roto rooter, for the unmarked two way sweep ,clean out !

Well I blew out My 1st toilet ! root blockage ,stand pipe full of water and I couldn't find my hand bilge pump ! at 12 ft in I'm using My 190 lbs to fight the 3/4 maxi rooter cable straight! Neighbor just had to baths re tiled. Did some bone head tiler dump grout down the drain ? NO KEVIN, YOU'RE THE BONE HEAD! Hey Kevin, My wIFE just heard the toilet crack , and it has a crack at the base ! Honest If I put in a 2 way, I always mark it with a copper tag and Yellow metal marker paint! No big deal, new toilet is on Me. Rick You're right ,I put in My last 2 way, texas twin or 1 way sweep.
    Be well "OLD BONE HEAD "
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Thank you roto rooter, for the unmarked two way sweep ,clean out !

Ah man this sucks bad for you. Sorry to hear. I use my curb key or piece of pipe to double check I'm going the right way anytime I see a full cleanout.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Unfortunately it's a lesson for you and someting to learn from. I have gone backwards more than once, butni caught it before any damage. Sometimes you need to probe the co or have a person, customer for noise.

Very common similar issue with a back to back fixture.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Well I needed that lesson, obviously! I have hot mop roof repairs for them next week.that helps. I need to extend My bilge pump ,so it's a little longer. works good to flush out standing water.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

In a pinch, a shop vac works good if its not too much lift. You can cheat and stab at the water. This will allow you to draw if it's deeper than the suction lift can handle.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            In a pinch, a shop vac works good if its not too much lift. You can cheat and stab at the water. This will allow you to draw if it's deeper than the suction lift can handle.

Rick.
            Funny, that's a great idea ! I never thought of that. Tanks Tool

Comment

Ridgid makes a tool called a Trap Spoon Part # 59440 A4 You can extend it with 3/8" pipe and can adjust the spoon location. It works great for those cleanouts that have side inlets and you want to run the rod up the inlet. Also works well in helping guide the rod the right direction.
              Attached Files
              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
              Ron's Facebook
              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                Ridgid makes a tool called a Trap Spoon Part # 59440 A4 You can extend it with 3/8" pipe and can adjust the spoon location. It works great for those cleanouts that have side inlets and you want to run the rod up the inlet. Also works well in helping guide the rod the right direction.
                That's, the 1st I've seen of this. Awesome, nice to be a welder! I'll fab one Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post

That would have come in handy last week. Has anyone used it?

Comment

what do you think Guys? I have mild steel. diamond plate and smooth Allum. Also stainless at My shop. Customer is happy
                    with the their new toilet. Will have Murphy camera and locate root area, I'll dig N repair.

Comment

I have had one for over 10 years, I use it all the time for the indoor traps that have a bottom fed tee with the clean out on top.

Originally posted by fixitright View Post
                      That would have come in handy last week. Has anyone used it?
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      Ron's Facebook
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Ron, you always seem to come up with these tools I didn't even know existed. Not only do they exist, but Ridgid makes them. That's what I like about the forum..

Comment

Alright Tool.....what do you got? I got my prototype done and will post pics once I get done building it.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            Alright Tool.....what do you got? I got my prototype done and will post pics once I get done building it.
                            Mon. Morn I will make one and have Mom show me how to post Pix. I will weld it fixed, not adjustable. Is that a mistake ?

Comment

Not sure....I made mine out of pvc. Used on 1 job so far and it worked great. Going to another one today and will let you know the result.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X