Jetter hose pressure loss charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter hose pressure loss charts

Would someone post these please? The chart I had for years has been lost long ago. Several members have posted these before and I have saved thes to favorites, but when the computers gurus do their magic,seems as if all my likes goes straight to ------------------------------a unlocated place far,far away.

Re: Jetter hose pressure loss charts

Is this what you were asking about?
    Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by gear junkie; 05-27-2018, 03:18 PM.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

the chart will put you in the ballpark. but other factors also come into play when figuring friction loss.

what are the specs on your jetter? how much hose do you have connected to it? foot pedal/ spray gun or ball valve? a foot pedal is the same as a spray gun and has a lot of resistance compared to a full size ball valve. but a ball valve is not as safe as a spring loaded foot valve/ spray gun.

a simple test is to run your machine full throttle without a nozzle, with the hose length and size you'll be using and check the gauge on the pump discharge manifold. the pressure reading without a nozzle connected is your friction loss.

having a selection of hoses can also save some loss. also a jumper hose is a bonus when running small id hose.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
          Is this what you were asking about?
          Not quite,but close.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            the chart will put you in the ballpark. but other factors also come into play when figuring friction loss.

what are the specs on your jetter? how much hose do you have connected to it? foot pedal/ spray gun or ball valve? a foot pedal is the same as a spray gun and has a lot of resistance compared to a full size ball valve. but a ball valve is not as safe as a spring loaded foot valve/ spray gun.

a simple test is to run your machine full throttle without a nozzle, with the hose length and size you'll be using and check the gauge on the pump discharge manifold. the pressure reading without a nozzle connected is your friction loss.

having a selection of hoses can also save some loss. also a jumper hose is a bonus when running small id hose.

rick.
            1/2' hose,1500 gpm x 15 gpm. Has 3 way ball valve. When using either 3/8' or 1/4"hose-foot valve.Old Myers unit.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              Here's what I use Fluid Flow Calculator the easiest way to figure it out is run your pump without a nozzle. Read the pressure at the pump and there's your pressure loss.
              The chart would not process for some reason.Thanks for posting it.

Comment

Last edited by gear junkie; 05-27-2018, 03:29 PM.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  You may want to consider a 5.5 gpm 4000 psi pump.....will give much better results.
                  Maybe,only inthe last 15 years,since I owned it,there has been only 5 manholes I could not unlog.Of these one was when the packings failed,the other four was manholes that had been covered with several feet of soil or pavement of some kind.The only 4"-6" cleanout I could not unclog was those that was totally shot.This amounts to several thousand with this machine. I have thought of upgrading it,Just never have.
                  Now,about 5 or 6 years ago,I added 120' of 1/4" jetter hose with foot pedal with a 55 gallon plastic drum for a water supply.This machine is 3.7 gpm x 3700 psi.
                  Works great for houses and small apartment buildings.

Comment

Last edited by gear junkie; 05-27-2018, 03:29 PM.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                    X