X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid K-50 vs Eel Model N...

For those that have ran both, your thoughts please

What is the RPM on the N ?

Could you run Ridgid 5/8" sectional cable in the N ?
    Last edited by AssTyme; 02-25-2014, 04:51 PM.

Re: Ridgid K-50 vs Eel Model N...

Model N is great machine with there 5/8" sectional cable. Will go through all kinds of binds with ease. Worst thing about the Model N is the weight.

I didn't care for the K50, I've had 3 of them, don't own any now. K60 is useful, but I know you'd never consider one.

Is your 100 not cutting it?
    Will Rogers Plumbing
    Moore, Oklahoma
    (
    405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
    http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Although I have never owned an Eel Model N, the K-50 is my all time favorite machine. It has a very small footprint so it fit in a tiny compartment in our utility trucks. I've used it through 1 1/2 Durham traps all the way up to soft stoppages in 4" lines. It's not meant for roots but when it is the only snake on a rough-in truck, it will open it up until you bring back a mainline machine.

Mark
      Last edited by ToUtahNow; 02-25-2014, 10:42 PM.
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

You must operate with caution with the 5/8" dualmatic cable in the Model N as you can flip it in drum if not careful and you get in a hurry. The way the pulley connects to the drive shaft is just with a set screw, although that seems cheap, I've not had a issue with it coming loose.

For secondary lines I feel the Model N it is the best option out there. I have used quite of few like the Spartan 100, K400, Mini-Rooter, K50 to name a few and I would take to Model N over them every day. Never used the K3800 though which looks to be a nice machine.

Not sure on the RPMs off the top of my head, but I'd say around 200 RPMs. Never had a secondary blockage it couldn't open up, unless there was a collapsed line under a slab. I've used it multiple times to clear 3" building drain blockages through a toilet, but I would never use it on a building sewer.
        Last edited by Will Rogers Plumbing; 02-26-2014, 07:01 AM.
        Will Rogers Plumbing
        Moore, Oklahoma
        (
        405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
        http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Just thinking of maybe getting a new toy. Egg shells in horizontal lines are tough for me, was thinking maybe a sectional sink machine to spin them out.

The K-50 is far too much drama and I really don't care for the size or slow rpm of the N.

Comment

Egg shells of great distance require a jetter. A snake only stirs them up and might punch a hole. They don't wash away with just a snake and water flow. Egg shells are worse than coffee grinds.

An open wind high speed sectional will do a much better job than a slower tight wind drum of opening the line and stirring up the shells. The open wind will act as an auger and move the material around much better. But a jetter will actually flush out the shells.

If you don't have a jetter, you don't realize what you're passing up. My jetter did 4 separate jobs yesterday. From roots to mud, sand and debris. There is nothing that comes close to what a jetter will clear and wash away. Especially on area drains that fill with debris, sand, roots, gravel. Nothing comes close.

Rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
            X