SRECO, Sewer Rodder, Trailer Mounted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRECO, Sewer Rodder, Trailer Mounted

Anyone ever worked with one of these? A buddy sent me a link to one of these things. Kinda cool. Ive never seen one before
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Re: SRECO, Sewer Rodder, Trailer Mounted

never worked one, but have watched them being used.

2 days ago the city was cutting ficus roots in the 8'' alley main and they carry 1200' of 3/8'' rod.

remember that the city mains are all straight manhole to manhole.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

You think you can get a 1" 1/2" kitchen drain with it?
      Mike
      Clark County Plumbing And Drain
      www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

yep, as long as the pipe and cleanout don't make a turn. but I doubt you'll find a cutter under 4'' for a 3/8'' sectional rod.

they also have 3' sections with a hand spinner if need be.

drill rod is pretty forgiving.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Years ago they were all the rage here. As Rick said correctly, good pit to pit. They are pretty unforgiving though. Mind you when they bind up they are pretty dangerous. My mate had one caught and the good old Toyota Landcruiser 4x4 in low one worked real hard to pull it out. They also did lots of damage in situations because of the power. Never stand near the opening when using coz if it breaks it can kill you. Good in theory but a dragon unleashed in most situations.
          Save up a few more bucks and follow Rick with a professional jetting rig. Can still be dangerous but not if used properly..............!!!! Just MHO.

Comment

K-1000 spins solid rods as well, just have to put together sections as you go. We done 24" storm drains with ours.

If you want to see an interesting way to clean a sewer, look at bucket machines. I know some areas that still use them today.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I would like to see a bucket machine in action.

The town has a rodder parked in a field now. I've heard some stories. The thing is old...sounds and looks like a man killer
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I helped my dad work the city's, they got one after they got rid of those wooden poles with the spear head on it. They also had a 1 inch 20 ft cable that you could use for house drains but you couldn't get through a trap.. The rods were easy to get cross threaded with the ratchet wrench. You had to tie rags around it if you run into mush. I remember meany the time we would pull one of those old wood poken rods out, that some worker had broken trying to open it years before. Them wooden jointed poking rod would smash your finger in the joint if your helper on top tried to help push. That rodder was so nice compared to them. Afterward we had to wipe it down with a mix of motor oil and kerosene. We use to use it to clean chimneys, just wire a gunny sack on the end and run it up it actually worked pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                X