Starting over and looking for work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting over and looking for work

So some of you know that Candy and I split over a year and a half ago. When we started the company over six years ago I was working as a pipelayer and putting in over 60hrs a week.

Because I was working so much to support her and her two children I did not have the time to start a business account myself or to set up a business cell phone. Big mistake!

During the last year and a half everything between Candy and I has gone rather smooth. I have a girlfriend and she has a boyfriend and we have continued to communicate and keep the company running. We where also in agreement (barring some of the legal aspects) for a divorce.

Then all of a sudden things began to change. A month or so ago I swipe “her” business account debit card for fuel and the card was rejected. She didn’t even give me a heads up. I called her and she text back that any communication between her and I would via text only. She then informed me how much $ she was going to pay me etc. After a month of that I informed her that this situation was not working. I could not continue to run a company on my personal income alone.

Keep in mind she has not worked in the business for over a year. It’s been all me and different helpers when needed.

A few days ago the business cell phone stopped working. I contacted the service provider and was informed that I can not recover that # as it is still in her name.

I figured with a lot of phone calls and a bit of work on the internet that I could quickly overcome a phone # change.

I also figured I was OK. In a bit of a financial bind but I could make it all work as the Van is titled, registered, and insured in my name.
    Last night I learned that that does not matter. While out eating last night my van vanished. I called the police and basically was told “good luck buddy, you’re a man”..That’s it.

So now I am without any equipment, a van, she even got my precious Edith, and I’m very low on coin. Now I am thinking it’s time to just get the hell out of Maine. I have struggled for every dollar I have earned here since I was 12 years old and at the moment I have nothing left to lose.

I have always wanted to make the move and my girlfriend has lived in a few cities and believe it or not she finds rural Maine boring.

So if any of you guys are looking for a good worker get in touch with me via PM. E-mail insightpipe@aol.com or call my new # 207-355-1476. I’m sure we can work something out that will benefit both of us.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Re: Starting over and looking for work

So sorry Gene! I have recovered from some serious setbacks in My Life. My life now is better than I deserve. some advise from an old Man. If You drink , SLOW DOWN, Or better stop. Think things through , before jumping into something new. Try this . Look at Your situation, as though You were a younger Brother . What advise would give Him ?
    Prayers for You at bedtime. Love Dad
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      So sorry Gene! I have recovered from some serious setbacks in My Life. My life now is better than I deserve. some advise from an old Man. If You drink , SLOW DOWN, Or better stop. Think things through , before jumping into something new. Try this . Look at Your situation, as though You were a younger Brother . What advise would give Him ?
      Prayers for You at bedtime. Love Dad
      Thanks Tool Dad . Plenty of thought has gone into this. I see very limited options here in Maine. I have plenty of offers of work and help from friends, but I have fought for everything in my life. If I stay here and rebuild..... Well I just don't know it would be worth it.
      Maine has NEVER been an easy life and I feel it's time to explore.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

If you are considering a move out of state, check to see of your license in transferable to wherever you might like to go. My sons wife was transferred to a job in Maine and his plumbing license wasn't transferable. He was basically told that if he wanted to continue in that profession in Maine he would need to start over from scratch.

I find it a little strange that someone can come and take your van and equipment from you just like that especially if the title is in your name. I know lawyers are a little pricey but I think you need one about now.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

I second on getting a lawyer to get your van and tools back. I pray you get back on your feet soon Gene. I wish I was busy enough to hire on an employee, but things are still dragging for us.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
            If you are considering a move out of state, check to see of your license in transferable to wherever you might like to go. My sons wife was transferred to a job in Maine and his plumbing license wasn't transferable. He was basically told that if he wanted to continue in that profession in Maine he would need to start over from scratch.

I find it a little strange that someone can come and take your van and equipment from you just like that especially if the title is in your name. I know lawyers are a little pricey but I think you need one about now.
            I found it odd as well. Did a job the other day for the former Attorney General of Maine, so I called him today seeking advice and he basicaly said the same thing.

She has everything now. I guess the positive is that she can't take anymore from me. Starting over in this dead end state is not an option I want to explore.

Comment

also just to be clear. I do not hold a Plumbing lic as I strictly do Drain Cleaning. I alway was interested in get a lic but all the Plumbers around here refer me so I didn't want to take their work away

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                Thanks Tool Dad . Plenty of thought has gone into this. I see very limited options here in Maine. I have plenty of offers of work and help from friends, but I have fought for everything in my life. If I stay here and rebuild..... Well I just don't know it would be worth it.
                Maine has NEVER been an easy life and I feel it's time to explore.
                Many Years ago I left cape cod for Northern Calif. Best move I ever made ! Thank You Lord N Beth !
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  Many Years ago I left cape cod for Northern Calif. Best move I ever made ! Thank You Lord N Beth !
                  I knew you of all people would understand what New England life is like. Sometimes I feel like I'm fighting to get ahead just for the sake of fighting.....that's all I know, because in New England and especially in Maine, when you're ahead you are still WAY behind. It's never ending.

Comment

Yes Gene Daughter #2 feels trapped on the Cape Cod and wants Off. There are a lot of clam Heads there. And Maine I suspect is worse. Northern Ca Has some of the New England climate. But not the brutal cold.

Comment

Respectfully, I think your Attorney General and the cops are lost in regards to your van.

Pretty sure title trumps or at least equals name on the side. The van & tools should be at least half yours. The bills are half yours, but the assets are as well. And I think they are half hers as well even if she hasn't done anything in the business. Both the bills and the assets.

Talk to an attorney. Turn the screws on the cops that you have a titled vehicle in your name that has disappeared and you want it pursued now. Doesn't matter if she has it and is half owner of the business. It's disappeared and they need to physically locate it and file paperwork saying so. They try to give you the runaround, explain it politely that you're going above them and filing complaints, then going to the news.

This is the beginning of the paper trail to get the assets due to you. With that you can prove what she has done in civil court for not only assets but POTENTIAL LOSSES for her actions along with court costs.

So, for example, you averaged $300.00 a week with the equipment, then you could potentially sue for every week you are without it. 5 weeks, she owes you $1,500.00.

Sue this b!tch. I think you would win too. After you do, sell out and truck on to somewhere you choose. Won't be easy, but what is?

Peace and drive on.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I wouldn't just roll over and let it happen. Talk with a divorce lawyer. A few bucks to know where you stand is worth it.
                        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Gene, wow!

I might be spending the day with my brother in law tomorrow. If so I'll put him on speaker phone during the drive and see if he can give you some suggestions. He's my go to legal guru. And he knows law.

But what I'm good for is the first $250.00 to get you back on your feet. I don't expect everyone to follow, but anything will help including extra equipment he can start with.

I'll talk with you tomorrow with the details and hopefully with my brother in law too.

Good luck Gene.

Rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            Gene, wow!

I might be spending the day with my brother in law tomorrow. If so I'll put him on speaker phone during the drive and see if he can give you some suggestions. He's my go to legal guru. And he knows law.

But what I'm good for is the first $250.00 to get you back on your feet. I don't expect everyone to follow, but anything will help including extra equipment he can start with.

I'll talk with you tomorrow with the details and hopefully with my brother in law too.

Good luck Gene.

Rick.
                            $50.00 HERE, Lets be family Guys need address

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              Gene, wow!

Good luck Gene.

Rick.
                              Rick That's a beautiful thing ! $50.00 here. Need address .This is truly a family !

Comment

Working...
                              X