• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Starting over and looking for work

Thanks guys. Address is
    184 Waverly Ave
    Pittsfield, ME 04967

I just feel foolish as I'm not one to ask for help.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Gene is our Drain Brother lol
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
        The title loan idea sounds good, but who are they going to come after when they want their money and whose credit will be destroyed? It will be the person who entered into the loan contract with them won't it. Eventually they might get around to tracking down the truck and snagging it, but then the truck and everything in it (potentially more than the truck itself is worth) will be there's, so he might end up worse than when he started.
        That's why I'd work with a repo man. Cut a deal to get my stuff out of the van, and some cash for the van. He locks it up in storage, waits the legal amount of time, then files the paper work for a mechanics lien for the towing and storage fees. If the opposing party pays the storage bill, everyone wins.

As for Title Loans in Az., (your mileage may vary) they will loan less than 1/2 of what's it worth to a wholesaler. Something is better than nothing when you are down, but not out. Besides, they can't shave your head and send you back to Vietnam. In this day and age banks and just about everyone else is in the credit business, and will give you all the credit/money you want, just as soon as you can prove to them you don't need it. This way at least someone else wouldn't be freeloading from my hard earned labor.

No, I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on tv. But I have had people (family), pee on my leg and tell me its raining.

To paraphrase G. Gordon Liddy, surviving isn't good enough. You need to prevail.

Comment

Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber View Post
          To paraphrase G. Gordon Liddy, surviving isn't good enough. You need to prevail.
          I like that!
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

That's why I'd work with a repo man. Cut a deal to get my stuff out of the van, and some cash for the van. He locks it up in storage, waits the legal amount of time, then files the paper work for a mechanics lien for the towing and storage fees. If the opposing party pays the storage bill, everyone wins.

As for Title Loans in Az., (your mileage may vary) they will loan less than 1/2 of what's it worth to a wholesaler. Something is better than nothing when you are down, but not out. Besides, they can't shave your head and send you back to Vietnam. In this day and age banks and just about everyone else is in the credit business, and will give you all the credit/money you want, just as soon as you can prove to them you don't need it. This way at least someone else wouldn't be freeloading from my hard earned labor.

No, I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on tv. But I have had people (family), pee on my leg and tell me its raining.

I miss G Gordn Liddy , what happened to Him. 2 taps to the head, and then there's only one story ,YOURS !
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Gene,
              I'm probably a little more direct than I should be when people try to screw me, but personally, I'd hire a repo man who is bonded and insured. Give him a copy of your title, and tell him to pick it up, and call you when he has it. Or take the title to a Title Loan Company, get as much as you can, and let her keep it until they repo it.
              I hear that North Dakota is booming.
              Just saying,
              genius! !!!! Awesome sauce right there buddy..

Comment

" here's johnny "
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Sent mail 0700 today

Comment

Gene, you and I don't know each other, but.. wow! Unfortunately, I hear stories like this all the time, you're far from alone. My new neighbor came up to my wife and I 2 weeks ago. After convincing him to have two kids, she's looking for a divorce. Wants to be free again. Old high school friend calls me up a month ago, we haven't talked for a while. We're constantly joking and I thought he was laughing but I couldn't understand the punchline.. He was crying telling me his wife left and wants a divorce. 2 young daughters.. Both of these guys-- hard working, family guys, non violent, honest... Gene, I know you're not looking for a fight, it's obvious you want to move on and let live. While leaving Maine might be in the cards in the hopefully near future, you have unfinished business with her in Maine. I'm no lawyer but it looks like unless you want to just hand her everything, you've got to fight her with a lawyer in court. At least speak with a local guy that can tell you where you stand; I'm sure she has. Not sure how you all feel, but I'm getting really sick of this whole "You're a big bad man, and she's a sweet innocent flower who needs to be protected from you" Taking your van while you eat dinner. Cuda, the ex's boyfriend driving away in your prize possession?? Don't get me wrong, there are women out in the world who have made bad choices and need to be protected from psycho men... But when the law constantly favors women out of pure pity. Is the address listed above for you, Gene? If so, we'll send out a check tomorrow. Just want to make sure she doesn't get it or can't cash it.. By the way, if you don't mind the cold, there is a ton of work in the Dakotas as someone said!! A guy with skills and knowledge who can take the cold could make $$$.. After you're done dealing with her... Living well is best revenge! Let her see you on facebook 3 years from now with a hotter chick, booming business, and a new van!! As she lays friendless in a dirty alley with track marks up and down her arms.. Sorrry, I get off track.

Comment

Rich ,thats some valuable wisdom . Thanks from all Your Brothers out there !

Comment

Gene,

North Dakota is booming but winter up there on the plains is INSANE, and I live in Minnesota so I have an idea of winter. A 15 mph wind can deliver a blizzard for crying out loud.

If you have accurately described the situation with your EX I think California is the place to go AFTER you've dealt with the EX. Speak to some friends and get referrals to some lawyers and do your homework. Perhaps you can find some place that does free legal aid or perhaps that place can refer you to a lawyer. From personal experience I can tell you Lawyers are absolutely not all the same. Some are reasonable, will do a great job for you. Others will charge you an arm and a leg and are strictly about how much they can bill you without really caring about what they do for you. So you need to be very careful in who you choose.

Spring is coming, I'll bet you can make a go of your business untill you get the EX straightened out, then go where ever you decide on your own terms.

Good Luck to you sir!!

I have more work than I can handle right now but I need a plumber not a drain cleaner.
                        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Keep the good advise coming Brothers ! Thanks Geno

Comment

North Dakota tries to woo workers for empty jobs: Associated Press Business News - MSN Money
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Geography doesn't heal a broken heart, you can move as far away as can be but time heals not distance.
                              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

no broken heart here, we've been split for over a year and a half.

On my way to visit my brother and interview in CT.

Still a slight chance Candy would be willing to give everything back. My friend is trying to work with her to come up with some type of resolution. Wed everything was looking like a deal, by thursday afternoon she was no longer interested...

Comment

Working...
                                X