Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

water ram

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • water ram

    I never owned one prior to this year but ever since I got it I've been using this darn thing like crazy I like the convenience of a being able to use it I'm a bathtub that has a drum trap that you can't get the cap off of or older sync that can open a line just as easy I know its not a permanent solution or as good as cable in a line but I don't know how I'd do without this thing not to mention how we can restore pressure so older bathtub faucets I like it

  • #2
    Re: water ram

    I don't use mine often bit when I do it's a lifesaver.

    Be smart, don't get silly with it

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: water ram

      I know I've heard horror stories of people blowing pipes apart I just usually pumped up to about 20 psi let it go really slowly repeat if necessary and just finesse it very very slowly

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: water ram

        Originally posted by sewermonster85 View Post
        I know I've heard horror stories of people blowing pipes apart I just usually pumped up to about 20 psi let it go really slowly repeat if necessary and just finesse it very very slowly


        IMO 20 is too high to start, I always start a 5.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: water ram

          shoot, start at 50! go for the gusto...
          ~~

          ... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: water ram

            Originally posted by sewermonster85 View Post
            I know I've heard horror stories of people blowing pipes apart I just usually pumped up to about 20 psi let it go really slowly repeat if necessary and just finesse it very very slowly
            How do you finesse it?
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: water ram

              Originally posted by sewermonster85 View Post
              I know I've heard horror stories of people blowing pipes apart I just usually pumped up to about 20 psi let it go really slowly repeat if necessary and just finesse it very very slowly

              When you "finesse" the trigger you're not getting the desired kinetic energy effect (snapping the trigger) of the ram but instead using it more as a pressure device.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: water ram

                Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
                shoot, start at 50! go for the gusto...
                The old shop I use to work for sent one of the boss' s to work with us (I guess he thought he could teach us a thing or two) and watched him pump that thing to 40 lbs and watched the shower base lift off the floor when he pulled the trigger ...Lmmfao blew out the trap and ceiling below to the lower unit and water all over her basement art studio.lmmfao..I looked at him and laughed then I asked him ummmmm...u were saying..lol

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: water ram

                  i know...bad things happen..that's why i said it... figured others would get the idea...and those that didnt..well.. u know
                  ~~

                  ... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: water ram

                    Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
                    i know...bad things happen..that's why i said it... figured others would get the idea...and those that didnt..well.. u know
                    Yes sir..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: water ram

                      Just when I was going to ask about disaster stories.....................!!!!!!!!!


                      I think I have posted before about the one we have here with the soda bulbs. What a *****. Stupid me vs. the blocked urinal. P155 everywhere, mostly all over me. Make it worse, didn't clear either. I wonder how many times one could use it before the trap blew off or other ..............??????????????????/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: water ram

                        I know which one you're talking about. There's a lumber yard close by that has a large end cap display with that style of powered plunger with an aersol cannister attached to it.when you depress it against the fixture drain, it gives a blast of compress air into the push.

                        The display has a video player running a continuous loop of the product being demonstrated. I wonder how many suckers have watched the video and purchased the powered plunger thinking it was as simple as the video. Only to find out they got shitfaced.


                        Rick.
                        phoebe it is

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: water ram

                          Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                          Just when I was going to ask about disaster stories.....................!!!!!!!!!


                          I think I have posted before about the one we have here with the soda bulbs. What a *****. Stupid me vs. the blocked urinal. P155 everywhere, mostly all over me. Make it worse, didn't clear either. I wonder how many times one could use it before the trap blew off or other ..............??????????????????/
                          Next time, keep your mouth open. That way it won't get all over your face.

                          Just saying.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X