Guaranteeing Root Work Warning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guaranteeing Root Work Warning

Did this job just 4 1/2 months ago. It was totaly spotless after I jetted it and guaranteed for a year. I was like,,, no way man,,, when he called today. This is what I found. A fully root infested 4x6 joint that I popped open first to see then warthogged the rest away. H/o wants me back when I get my gizmo to treat his line all the way to city with vaporooter and so does his neighbor. I videoed the rest of his line and a couple joints were getting back some growth but nothing to get worried about.
    I didn't treat it with root X. I think I was out. Did today though. Sewer goes under tree.
    I signed up and have a test date in may for a QAL (Qualified applicator license) to apply vaporooter.
    When I go back in a few months I'm going to video the same joint and then treat with vaporooter and re video in 5 months or so to get some idea of effectiveness of root X vs vaporooter.
    Attached Files

Re: Guaranteeing Root Work Warning

the best you can do is showing them a spotless line after jetting.

had a similar customer after 7 months complained it was plugged. I told him look at the video and see that I left it spotless. I don't control mother nature.

of course he didn't want to pay again so he hired his cheap guy. told him to call me in a week when it plugs up. he called me in 5 days plugged up.

jetted, camered, located and sent him a sewer report showing the clean line with his known issues documented.

if you're going to guarantee a line for a year, you better have your price reflect a return call. for a 1 hour charge, he gets a 1 hour jetting. if he wants a year guarantee, then it's not a 1 hour charge.

what's involved in your pest control operators license. they wouldn't sell to me 12 years ago when I was ready to buy.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I've always had great luck guaranteeing for a year. The amount of happy customers far outweighs this odd occurance. And I can live with 1 or two call backs a year. Plus when I'm johnny on the spot there are very pleased to get great service. Customer for life.
      I sent 180 to the state for a test date and the day before test a class on how to pass, 200,,, 380 total. 3 grand for machine to apply and aprox 40 50 product cost per treatment.
      This is a video I uploaded from my I touch where I used some video app to splice the two clips together. IOW,, It shows before and after at just the offending spot, then showed rest of way with no jetting today but spotless. 4.5 months ago.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlKFz...m-upload_owner
      Last edited by theplungerman; 04-03-2014, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Kinda sounds like that aggressive root growth sewer joint needs a pipe patch.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Kinda?
          Yeah,, your right,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

Cleaning doesn't make it new it just helps keep it going

Comment

Looks like the abs to clay transition joint is bad.

How hard is it to dig up that joint?

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Last I looked into Vaporooter I was told it wasn't allowed in Los Angeles.

Comment

Who told you that?

Comment

10 ft deep, under sidewalk, under tree,,, piece of cake,,, I'll do it tonight on the way home. Lol

Comment

I believe there are prohibited chemicals in the vapor rooter mix. Think it falls under the EPA / Environmental Protection Agency.

Might want to check with them, or vapor rooter.

Pretty sure dan lawance / root x will know.

Rick.

On a side note, when I checked into it 12 years ago, you needed the placards on your truck that showed the hazardous materials on board. The kind you see on the semis carrying flammables and hazardous waste. You were also regulated by the dot and chp. Too much drama to get into.
                      Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 04-04-2014, 09:27 AM.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Me and Dan go way back,,, dont want to hurt his feelings..

Comment

I give 2 year warranties.....knock on wood no call backs yet. I do treat with the root x at the time of cleaning and at the 1 year anniversary. One thing that contributed to the stoppage was the fact it was only 21' out. I agree with Cuda and that spot would be a good candidate for pipe patch.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I talked to someone a year ago but don't remember who. Maybe that's changed since then.

Comment

I called them up today and told me they sell to LA County,,, 1 of there best customers,,,, Long Beach? My town,,,, They use Dukes I believe,,,,, of many evenings of researching I decided vaporooter gets the nod.
                              Roo-pru is a product I think Rick was referring to in a phone conversation I had with him today... You don't need a license to buy it and can be used with the mini former I'm going to buy for vaporooter.
                              Any one with info on roo-pru?

Comment

Working...
                              X