• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guaranteeing Root Work Warning

Why use vapor rooter instead of RootX?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

It's stronger,,,, higher concentrate of what rootx uses plus an extra root killer agent,,, AND,,, I can be sure the whole line is getting an excellent coverage no matter the fall, length, etc. Is more professional, requires a permit ( has to be better, right?, lol). If your interested go on YouTube, it's seems to be popular in Australia. Hasn't caught on here yet re: the small independent plumbers,, due to restrictions,,, ??? etc,,,.

Comment

When you go back, I would also bring a 5 gallon bucket of copper nails to hammer into that tree
        26+6=1

Comment

Roo pru is the same as vapor rooter same ingrediants and same epa regulations.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            of course he didn't want to pay again so he hired his cheap guy. told him to call me in a week when it plugs up. he called me in 5 days plugged up.

Cheap guys always never get it open long. I won't deny you that a jetter cleans it well, but due diligence with a conventional machine will also clean it well, too. I've never had a callback from any sewer call I've done, whether for my own company or one I've worked for.
            ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              Roo pru is the same as vapor rooter same ingrediants and same epa regulations.

Rick.
              Vaporooter has METHAM Sodium which is a root killer and also DICHLOBENIL 1.96 % (which rootx uses) a growth inhibitor,,,,, rootx has .55%,,,,,, so vaporooter has just about 4 times as much,, in addition to METHAM Sodium
              My phone call with a gal who was short on knowledge gave me the impression that roo pru was just a strong DICHLOBENIL base and available for purchase with out credentials, but a search on the Internet netted it also has METHAM Sodium,, so if that's the case then you are right. I'll get more info on this next week.

Comment

We offer a 90 day guarantee with every blocked drain service. Clients love that little extra. We also offer a 200 day guarantee with a certificate for an extra fee. The extra fee covers the cost of a camera inspection while we are there. Never had an issue with it and clients love it. I figured most companies offer extended warranty on white goods, why can't plumbers offer extended warranty on blocked drains? They will only call me back... then it's patch time!

We also offer a life time warranty on blocked drains in conjunction with a vaporooter service that costs. $390 for the first 100' of 4" or 60' of 6" then $190 per 100' there after. I have been using this system for around 10 years now and I know it works well. It's our last option before inversion/patch or excavation. Every customer is different. Some just want the annual haircut! It's important to apply vaporooter 6 weeks after cutting the roots so the product can work on the new fine white tail roots.

We made our own brew that works extremely well until further research found a patent protecting this product in Australia until 2019.

We give every customer a blocked drain notice at the start of every job that spells out their options and advises them what could happen over the next 12 months. Educating the customer is powerful and profitable.
                Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                Albert Einstein

Comment

My Problem with root killers is that the roots over time seem to sense the product and pull back from the open joint they got in, you would think Great right? Then a percentage of the liquid in the pipe escapes into the soil below the heavy concrete or clay pipe. The saturated soil lets the pipe sink like quick sand and now we have a major offset. If it goes on to long then lining is out as a repair. If it goes on even longer then pipe bursting is out and excavation is the only answer. The cost for replacement just skyrocketed. I look at it (and tell the customer) that jetting and rootx will buy them time to budget for sewer replacement how long will depend on bi yearly sewer inspections.
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                    My Problem with root killers is that the roots over time seem to sense the product and pull back from the open joint they got in, you would think Great right? Then a percentage of the liquid in the pipe escapes into the soil below the heavy concrete or clay pipe. The saturated soil lets the pipe sink like quick sand and now we have a major offset. If it goes on to long then lining is out as a repair. If it goes on even longer then pipe bursting is out and excavation is the only answer. The cost for replacement just skyrocketed. I look at it (and tell the customer) that jetting and rootx will buy them time to budget for sewer replacement how long will depend on bi yearly sewer inspections.
                    Great point Bryce, I can your stance on this.

How long does it take for this settling to happen? What kind of soil do you have up there? Does the pipe patch stabilize a settling joint?
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      Great point Bryce, I can your stance on this.

How long does it take for this settling to happen? What kind of soil do you have up there? Does the pipe patch stabilize a settling joint?
                      Settling time might not even happen in well draining soil, but if a clay soil the clay will absorb the water in winter and rise then shrink in the warmer months and make the separation wider or even disconnect the pipe altogether. This is why you don't want any leakage from the sewer line just because you can't see it doesn't mean it does not have bad effects. I can see some soils not having a problem at all. While other soils like sand could errode and have the pipe section just fall in. I have seen this first hand. Pipe patch not only seals the leak but does have great strength as well to stiffen the pipe. And small offsets if caught early enough are turned into uphill slides though not the best it is better than a curb that stops flow on the bottom of the pipe. Pipe lining can save a line if caught early enough. You would never put up with leaking joints in your plumbing inside your home and with todays advances there is no reason to put up with them outside your home in the ground. Another thing is rough pipe that has eroded the bottom is no longer smooth and if flat to begin with will have back ups just because of friction, lining helps this as well.
                      Last edited by Cuda; 04-06-2014, 10:49 PM.
                      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

You make some good points Bryce. That joint does need a patch. A pipe patch guy from the trade show will come out and do a free demo while I get to charge the customer. So I think I will take him up on his offer for this joint.
                        Most of my customers don't have the money to do what will make their sewers last the longest. But those are good points you bring up to inform the customer and let them decide. Thanks
                        I could let the customer know the chances they are talking and incorporate into the price an inspection of the sewer each year to make sure all is good in Mayberry. Hey thanks,,,, smile.

Comment

Working...
                        X