Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warthog nozzle lost and found in city manhole.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warthog nozzle lost and found in city manhole.

Had a once in a lifetime lost and found jetting job today in culver city, calif. my fairly new $800.00 3/8'' warthog nozzle broke off while jetting a 6'' lateral today. all of a sudden my pressure dropped and sounded like the hose burst. thinking i'll pull it back, swap hoses and continue. problem was my hose was intact, but the only thing connected was the threaded nut , cleanly broken off the shaft of the nozzle. wtf, how did that happen?

I decide to run my seesnake down the 6'' lateral and into the 8'' main to see if I can find my nozzle. 26' to the 8'' city saddle and 101' to the manhole. didn't see it. figured i'll try calling the city sanitation dept and see if they can jet the line and possible bring it back to the manhole.

Andre and Jaime show up within 15 minutes of my call to their office. pulled the manhole about 8' deep. a large wad of roots were lodged in the outlet. they put their grit catcher to grab the debris and sure enough my $800.00 nozzle is in the pile.

tried to buy them lunch, but they can't take it. so maybe i'll surprise them with pizza 1 day.

called chris at aj colemen for some help. chris who is their service guy has never seen or heard of this happening. he thinks stoneage might cover the repair.

next call to stoneage in the morning.

rick.

nothing like pulling back the hose and finding just this on the end. the rest was gone.

there it is. mixed in with the roots. not a bad first catch.

look at the sheared off shaft. oil still inside that controls the rotation speed.

Jaime and Andre. they were more excited than me when I told them I was going to write about it.

off to another job.

thanks guys, I owe you 1.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 04-10-2014, 12:21 AM.
    phoebe it is

Re: Warthog nozzle lost and found in city manhole.

Awesome story, thanks.

Comment

Talk about luck! Did you finish the job?
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

of course. you never go fishing with just 1 pole.

impressed the selling real estate broker, and seller.

Buyers agent I've done lots of work for. delivered the cs6 thumb drive to copy onto her mac in under a minute and collected my check. that's 4 videos and about 20 stills.

rick.
        Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 04-10-2014, 07:40 AM.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Awesome. Great story and photos.

David

Comment

Glad it all worked out.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

You have good friends.

Comment

Definitely a bad nozzle I'm sure they will make good on a new one. Good story!
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

See that's were the problem lies..your sanitary city guys actually care .out here they can give a flying u know what...I had a call last week.city main backed up from manhole to manhole..she's the last one on that run before it does to the next manhole..Called the city they came 4 hrs later .mind u it wasn't raining or flooding anywhere else so I know they weren't that busy with p.m stuff.meanwhile now there's 4 ' of sewage in this lady's house . everything she owned is garbage.water heater, furnace, washer/dryer walls, floors u name it all gone.i sold her a backwater valve and flood control system.but I felt horrible. After loosing 30k in damages add on another 6k for the flood control system ...that's one expensive a $$ day.

Comment

Originally posted by sewermonster85 View Post
                    See that's were the problem lies..your sanitary city guys actually care .out here they can give a flying u know what...I had a call last week.city main backed up from manhole to manhole..she's the last one on that run before it does to the next manhole..Called the city they came 4 hrs later .mind u it wasn't raining or flooding anywhere else so I know they weren't that busy with p.m stuff.meanwhile now there's 4 ' of sewage in this lady's house . everything she owned is garbage.water heater, furnace, washer/dryer walls, floors u name it all gone.i sold her a backwater valve and flood control system.but I felt horrible. After loosing 30k in damages add on another 6k for the flood control system ...that's one expensive a $$ day.
                    God bless Her. How about a few prayers for this poor Gal Guys !
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

those city workers are awsome. out here, a call to them would result in 'we can get there next week", or 'you lost it? too bad. if we come get it we'll charge you."
                      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

in the city of la, I'm sure I would have been s.o.l.

culver city is a city of approx. 32.000 and honestly it's a poor mans Beverly hills. Meaning the house I was working on that was in escrow was 1.25mil. the police and fire and public service is as good as Beverly hills. problem with city of la Is there are 3.5 millon people and the local government is not hands on like the smaller cities like Beverly hills, santa monica, culver city. all within my normal working area.

did talk to stoneage/ warthog this morning and they want me to mail it in. they too have never seen this happen.

lets hope I don't end up with an $800.00 paper weight.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Well I waited and no one said anything,, so here I go,,,, What's up with the nail biting? Please tell us you only bite them at home after you're all cleaned up. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
                            Well I waited and no one said anything,, so here I go,,,, What's up with the nail biting? Please tell us you only bite them at home after you're all cleaned up. Lol
                            You forgot the golden rule.

#1 don't bite your finger nails.

#2 $hit flows downhill.

#3 paydays on friday.

#4 being self employed, #3 doesn't apply

Rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Lol,
                              So if you don't break rule one who bites ur nails for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X