DOUBLE BARREL ROOT RANGER DE-ROOTING

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOUBLE BARREL ROOT RANGER DE-ROOTING

Had a nasty root job that required me to blast a hole through the 6'' clay mass of roots. followed up with my double barrel root ranger running at 4000# and dual 4.5 rotors that should each produce 4.5 gpm. came back with a nice catch to show the owner and camered the line to see before and after shots.

this nozzle doesn't take any prisoners. it kills them and drags them out with the dual rotors and massive stainless shredder up front.

Rick.

please tell me you can see my photos
    Attached Files
    phoebe it is

what pictures?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

just kidding, calm down. Looks like the jetting was a blast.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

3 jobs today. 2 were a blow and go. this was a blow and go with the double root ranger.

1 was a project.

ben, when are you going to go double barrel.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Cool,,, nice job.

Comment

Rick, similar photos as a few months ago. Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              3 jobs today. 2 were a blow and go. this was a blow and go with the double root ranger.

1 was a project.

ben, when are you going to go double barrel.

Rick.
              Still don't need one....the regular RR does great for me and can get into a 2-1/2" cleanout.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

These are an awesome nozzle but not for every job. Every now and then you get a job that's just right for the DBRR are when you've finished you know nothing else would have cleaned the drain as thoroughly or as quickly!
                Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Im guessing you still have to work your hose when you got this bad boy on?

Comment

How long does the hose end last Rick? Looks like if too takes a hell of a beating from those rotaries.

Comment

If its sandy or gravel, not very long. Roots aren't bad on the hose. Remember with 4000# and sand, it becomes a hell of a sand blaster.

you cold install a short high pressure hydraulic jumper hose too.

Rick

phoebe it is

Comment

did a preventative jetting on a sewer i first did 15 months ago. the house is a good 10' above the street and the sewer is 7' below the street. so when this plugs up in a 6'' line that has a 17' head on it, it takes some serious jetting to get it open. the 6'' line is clay from the 53' mark to the the saddle at 85'. the toots start at the 6'' clay and continue for 20'.

attempted to go in with my 3/8'' warthog and made no progress at the 53' mark. switched to my forward rotor and was able to blast to the city main, but it took some work. tried the 3/8'' warthog to clean it up, but still couldn't get through. so i broke out the double root ranger and blasted all the way through. you know you're in the main when the air blast stops coming back at you. the double rr is jetted at 4.5 gpm each so the 9 gpm is still less than my 12 gpm 3/8'' warthog.

rick.

you can see the difference in size with the 3/8'' ball warthog and the double barrel root ranger. both run a 3/8'' hose.

the last photo show the elevation drop as my 9' tall sprinter is barely visible from the front yard.

rick.
                        Attached Files
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Why use the double barrel instead of your 1/4" or 1/2" root ranger? Do you have to flip the hose less?
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
                            PLUMBER RICK commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The double rr is a massive hunk of stainless with a great spear head. It covers 1/2 the pipe without a twist. And it pulls like a dragster off the line.
                            I avoid the 1/2" hose when there are lots of turns and lots of obstacles to go through. 1/2" hoose is not nearly as flexible as 3/8" hose. And cost a small fortune if you damage it. I used a 100' of jumper and a 100' of jetter hose, compared to 500' of 1/2" hose on a hydraulic reel.

Rick.

Why not the 1/2 warthog to get through? Or the 1/2 to start.

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
                            PLUMBER RICK commented
                            Editing a comment
                            See the comment 13.1 above.
                            Rick.

The warthogs don't have anywhere near the front penetrating power of my forward rotor has. My forward rotor cuts like a root ranger. Nothing will stop it.

remember the demo I showed you with the rr and the 2x4. Thats what my forward rotor does too.

Rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                          X