OVERHEAD CLEAN OUT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OVERHEAD CLEAN OUT

I have a job coming up with an over head (6') clean out. Old home, toilet on third floor
    heavy roots, over 100'. Seems the only way in.

Seems to tough for the K-60 so the Drill and Eel is likely. (no jetter)

Anyone have experience with this? Should I make out my will?

sure all the time. cut a clean out 1/3 away and screw it back in so the cable will pull forward on the edge. I don't even do that all the time but it helps. until the cable wants to pull itself it can be a pain.

over head cleanouts without some sort of drain valve is proof plumbers are not concerned with the health of the nation.

Comment

It's probably not going to be a fun one, this is where the 4' sections come in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by fixitright View Post
        I have a job coming up with an over head (6') clean out. Old home, toilet on third floor heavy roots, over 100'. Seems the only way in. Seems to tough for the K-60 so the Drill and Eel is likely. (no jetter) Anyone have experience with this? Should I make out my will?
        Don't under estimate your k60,,,,,,,,it is my only drain cleaner ,,,,,out of 120 6" clay sewers it only let me down 2 times.

Comment

Originally posted by cheesehead plumber View Post
          Don't under estimate your k60,,,,,,,,it is my only drain cleaner ,,,,,out of 120 6" clay sewers it only let me down 2 times.

How long do you spend cleaning each of these 6" sewers ?

What are you using as a finishing bit ?

You have to be one of the luckiest men on this planet ???

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
            sure all the time. cut a clean out 1/3 away and screw it back in so the cable will pull forward on the edge. I don't even do that all the time but it helps. until the cable wants to pull itself it can be a pain.

over head cleanouts without some sort of drain valve is proof plumbers are not concerned with the health of the nation.

Code requirements can make a plumber install overhead cleanouts even though we all know they won't be used.

David

Comment

Last edited by cheesehead plumber; 04-30-2014, 05:26 PM.

Comment

. They take about 1 1/2 hr The 6" sewers are less than 75' long and have been cleaned in the past 1-3 years, I use the 3" spiral root saw.

Comment

Working...
                X