Help... What Is This....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help... What Is This....

What is the white colored stuff at the bottom of most every seam in this 1920's 6" sewer ?

Comment

fats, soaps, and greases. maybe some type of concrete mastic to seal the joints.
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
        fats, soaps, and greases. maybe some type of concrete mastic to seal the joints.

That's what I was thinking as the Eel expansion blades didn't phase it. Looks to be worn down in the center from the water/waste running though over the years.

Comment

I think it's probably mortar from the joint. Must have been a little too frisky with the trowel

Comment

See it every so often. If a jetter , root ranger struggles to blast it in seconds, then its mortar. Grease tends to cling to the top and sides as it floats.

Rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Tile installed recently? looks like Grout. Time to Break out the Jetter.
              "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbingbyjay View Post
                Tile installed recently? looks like Grout. Time to Break out the Jetter.

Jay, people here tell me a cable machine can handle every drain problem.

David

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
                  PLUMBER RICK commented
                  Editing a comment
                  as you see, more and more are getting into jetting probably based on the photos we post and jobs we discuss. some spend as little as $1000.00 on a jetter that with the right nozzle will cut through almost anything. some spend 50,000 that will also cut through anything and on a faster and larger scale.
                  my first machine was a 2hp. electric pressure washer that i converted to a jetter with pulsation. that was well over 20 years ago and i still have it and don't use it anymore. but it takes time to go from 2hp electric to 50 hp diesel. lots of customers and jobs to warrant the cost.

i know you just got your mongoose jetter so you and i know what a jetter is capable of doing. just like propress and cameras. eventually jetters will become more of a common piece of equipment. we just happen to be leading the charge.

rick.

Originally posted by Dhal22 View Post

David
                hahahaha.....sorry. I'll control myself.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhal22 View Post

David

There is definitely a time & place for a jetter. Some are repeatedly using them on jobs where a cable machine would be more practical for both sides, overkill.....

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post

There is definitely a time & place for a jetter. Some are repeatedly using them on jobs where a cable machine would be more practical for both sides, overkill.....

Agreed. It's the opinion that a jetter is never needed that I don't agree with.

David

Comment

I've had several jobs recently that would be much better suited for a jetter.
                      3" or 3.4" cleanout on 4" CI into 6" clay. A lot of the stacks these cleanouts are on dump into the lateral via a Tee on its back. Nearly impossible to get the Eel or Ridge expanding cutter to make that turn.
                      4" downspouts into 6" clay via a Tee on its back are another PITA that I run into a lot as the only practical access point to the sewer.
                      I also see a LOT of Tee's on their side as the sanitary transitions to into the main house lateral. Those can be a nightmare with the bigger cutters as the cable can flip when you hit a hard blockage.
                      A cart jetter is in my future for sure, maybe a small trailer or skid mount if I can hook into some bigger jobs that would justify the GPM.

Comment

Fish some of it out and give it a taste lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X