K-1 Combination Auger Giveaway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-1 Combination Auger Giveaway

I have 10 brand new K-1 Combo Augers that I want to give away. Here's how it works.

(drill not included)

Requirements
    - First... you must be a plumber/drain cleaner/facilities maintenance technician
    - Second... you must have posted on this forum prior to 5/12/2014

How you request one of the K-1s
    - Post how you currently tackle blocked urinals and how well that method works for you.
    - Tell us how you plan to use the K-1 (urinals, trap arms, showers, etc.)
    - Promise to come back and post pics of how you used the tool and how you think it performed.
    - PM me your shipping address and phone number.

I will ship a K-1 out to the first 10 who meet the requirements above.

Thanks, Josh
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Josh; 05-12-2014, 02:00 PM.

We generally remove the urinal from the wall and proceed with a K60
    The students handle all the plumbing maintenance in the Tech Center so if the K1 works without taking the urinal off the wall its time saved. We also do all the turret style hand wash sinks using a variety of augers and pressure producing tools with varying degrees of success.
    sigpic

Comment

• Josh
      Josh commented
      Editing a comment
      Address Received

For wall hung units I usually first try to get through them with my K-45AF and 5/16" hollow core cable. If that doesn't work I will pull it and use the K-45AF or my Spartan 100 with 13/32" cable.

Will try the K-1 out on urinals and possibly some trap arms.

I'm finding that most of the time a longer cable is needed as the blockage is further down line. It would be nice to have an auger that will actually make it through the trap unlike the General urinal auger.
    Last edited by AssTyme; 05-12-2014, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• Josh
      Josh commented
      Editing a comment
      Got your address.

For clogged urinals I access through a cleanout that allows me to clean the pipe....however I've found nothing that really allows me to auger effectively through a urinal. While pulling a urinal is a possibility, it also means that the urinal is full of urine. In the case of the cleanout, as soon as I go up stream with my cutter, backed up urine comes out the cleanout...either way is a mess. If I had an effective cutter auger, I can open the drain, disinfect the urinal before handling it and then follow up with the bigger cutter through the cleanout.

My other issue in my area is back to back lav sinks with a 2" drain, very common with condos and apartments here. The cable always wants to skip to the other sink and sometimes going down a vent isn't always an option. I'm thinking the K1 is the right design to direct the cable down the drain.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

• Josh
      Josh commented
      Editing a comment
      Got your PM. Done

~~- First... you must be a plumber/drain cleaner/facilities maintenance technician
    I am a licensed plumber that has been doing drain cleaning for 20 + years

Been posting in the forum for a long while now.

- Post how you currently tackle blocked urinals and how well that method works for you.
    I been using a General urinal auger, or a RoPump to get the urinal clear, and if needed followed up with sizzle. If the blockage is further down stream I pull the urinal and power rod with my K-50 and 5/8 cable

I plan on using the K-1 with the drill attached to clean urinal drains, and the occasional shower trap.

- Promise to come back and post pics of how you used the tool and how you think it performed.
    I promise I will return with pictures of me using the K1 and let you know how it preformed

Sending it now
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    Ron's Facebook
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

• Josh
      Josh commented
      Editing a comment
      Got your address. Thanks

4 gone 6 remain

Comment

I'm assuming the drill is also included

Comment

• Josh
        Josh commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry... no drill :-p

i'll let the others have a chance. i already just recieved my nice ridgid shirt on the last promotion

but urinals are always a hit and miss. just like the slobs that use them. if it's an exposed trap, then it's a no brainer with the k-50. if it's a floor mounted or an integral trap, then either the 5/16 hollow core with k39 or if need be to really scrape the pipe, the k-50 with 4 blade spade cutter. but remember unless the hardware is pretty clean and shuts off, snaking is the easy part. it's all the leaks and spuds you need to deal with.

still 6 left.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

When I clear a urinal I try to use my K-50, normally with a 3/8" canister. If that does not work, I pull it and put it into a mop bucket to roll it outside. It seems to me, the K-1 Combo Augers would work well on urinals but even better on a shower or a mop sink trap and arm. For a quick emergency, I could also see using it at a restaurant or bar to clear the trap on a floor sink .

Mark
        Last edited by ToUtahNow; 05-12-2014, 02:51 PM.
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

• Josh
          Josh commented
          Editing a comment
          Address Received.

Still waiting on my $100.00 gift card.

Remove urinal from wall. Break out rotary hammer and loosen up last year's October Fest. Order new urinal.
        Place cherry bomb in urinal nipple. Drill hole in galvanized (not black), cap. Thread fuse through hole, and thread onto nipple. Light fuse and run like he77.

Did I win???

Comment

• Josh
          Josh commented
          Editing a comment
          Arizona, PM me about the gift card and let me know if this was a past survey or what the gift card was for. Thanks, Josh

• Josh
          Josh commented
          Editing a comment
          Got your address. Thanks!

Handspinner, Sizzle or Muriatic Acid, Pull it if necessary & use 5/8" sectional.

Comment

if it's an internal trap, Then it gets pulled and the trap cleaned out in the mop sink I chisel as much out as I can. the pipe gets augured with the K50 and 5/8 cable. I don't need the new auger thanks though. most internal traps are like a box inside not a U shape I don't know how an augure will make it through? I try never to have contempt prior to investigation, so good luck

Comment

• cheesehead plumber
            cheesehead plumber commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with saysflushable ,,,,,the modern wall hung urinals are like a box inside,,,,,the new Ridgid urinal auger might have a problem,,,,,,,,,like they say on the tv program Shark Tank ,,,,,,,for that reason,,,,,,,,I'm out!

• NHMaster3015
            NHMaster3015 commented
            Editing a comment
            To quote an ex girlfriend " keep wiggling it, it will go"

Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber View Post
          Still waiting on my $100.00 gift card.

Remove urinal from wall. Break out rotary hammer and loosen up last year's October Fest. Order new urinal.
          Place cherry bomb in urinal nipple. Drill hole in galvanized (not black), cap. Thread fuse through hole, and thread onto nipple. Light fuse and run like he77.

Did I win???

And I thought I was the only one who did this. I use a M-80 instead of a cherry bomb.

Lots of the urinals here have exposed PVC traps, open them and clean with K-3800.
          Some I can get a variety of sink lines in. Others I call in a plumber friend and he drops them
          and I clean them often selling a new one.

Would be nice to have a tool to save time with.

Comment

• Josh
            Josh commented
            Editing a comment
            Got your Address... Thanks!

Originally posted by Josh View Post
          I have 10 brand new K-1 Combo Augers that I want to give away. Here's how it works.

(drill not included)

Requirements
          - First... you must be a plumber/drain cleaner/facilities maintenance technician

I am a licensed master in 3 of my state's cities in my area.

I have.

I removed the yucky things from the wall and clean by hand (literally) or with whatever tool fits. Maybe acid.

I would use it (hopefully) with the urinals still on the wall. It would probably be good for the truck stop floor drains that are filled with needles, too.

I promise.

I will ship a K-1 out to the first 10 who meet the requirements above.

Thanks, Josh
          PM sent
          Last edited by Plumber Punky; 05-12-2014, 09:40 PM.
          ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

• Josh
            Josh commented
            Editing a comment
            Got your address. Thanks!

My first attempt is with an urinal auger, which I find to be sucessfull more than half the time. But, to clean the drain, I prefer to use chemicals to break up/soften the salts and allow them to stand overnight. Then, I will use my K45.

I prefer not to remove urinals from the wall. They are often stuck on with so much caulk that when you pry them away, the porcelan chips.

I have not yet caught on to using an auger to clean floor drains. My first instinct is to use the K50. I will continue to sound off that the K50 is the most underated drain machine in the Ridgid lineup.

Mark

Comment

• Josh
            Josh commented
            Editing a comment
            Address Received... Thanks!

• Josh
            Josh commented
            Editing a comment
            Just got the email I sent to you bounced back. Is your copper.net address still valid?

• Mark7
            Mark7 commented
            Editing a comment
            I resent my yahoo email.
        Working...
        X