No announcement yet.

K-1 Combination Auger Giveaway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, there is something odd about that picture......I thought the handle actually removed to attach the drill.

Comment

• Josh
      Josh commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep. Comes with handle installed. I just showed the pic with the drill attached

Alright folks. I have my 10. Once I get everyone's addresses I will send them out right away. Btw. If you tried sending me a pm yesterday and it got bounced please send again. My inbox was full after the forum upgrade. Thanks, josh

Comment

I have 2 addresses so far in my PM. I think my inbox may have been full when some of you tried sending. Please PM me with your addresses and we will get these out right away.

Thanks, Josh

Comment

• Plumber Punky
        Plumber Punky commented
        Editing a comment
        PM resent (just now)

• SewerRatz
        SewerRatz commented
        Editing a comment
        I resent mine just in case.

Late to the Party again I made a home made version using a rubber tube and a small drill snake to go through the trap. Most of the time though, I have to remove the urinal and use my k-50 to clear it out. I will pm my address, in case someone fails to do so. I plan to use the new auger to clear commercial urinals and some toilets.
      Last edited by Plumbingbyjay; 05-14-2014, 09:18 AM.
      "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

• SewerRatz
        SewerRatz commented
        Editing a comment
        Josh, go ahead and give Plumbingbyjay the unit you were going to send me if you have yet to ship it.

I know what its like to be a day late and a dollar short.

• Josh
        Josh commented
        Editing a comment
        Address Received. Thanks

What? Thank you so much!!!!!!!
      "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Still waiting on addresses from

BobsPlumbing - Received
        saysflushable - Passed
        PlumberPunky - Received
        NHMaster3015 - Received
        AssTyme - Received
        ToUtahNow - Received

I realize a few of you already sent it but your messages got bounced from my PM inbox. Please resend. i cleared out a bunch of space and am now receiving everything.

Thanks, Josh
        Last edited by Josh; 06-12-2014, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• Josh
          Josh commented
          Editing a comment
          Got yours NHMaster

• AssTyme
          AssTyme commented
          Editing a comment
          Josh, I sent my addy twice did you receive it ?

• Josh
          Josh commented
          Editing a comment
          I looked back through my Pm's and didn't see any. Could you try one more time to send via private message

First set should be shipping out today or tomorrow. I will ship the remaining 3 out once I get the addresses.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
          First set should be shipping out today or tomorrow. I will ship the remaining 3 out once I get the addresses.

Josh
          Sorry for the mix up Josh. You can let some one else have mine. If it gets rave reviews I'll buy one. Thanks again

Comment

I have been getting a rash of clogged urinals most of them are clogged in the trapway.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            Ron's Facebook
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Tried to PM address multiple times. Attempting to PM Josh immediately goes to a broken link "Page Not Found" on my end using either Firefox or Chrome. However, attempting to PM someone else takes me to the proper PM page for that person.

Comment

• Josh
                Josh commented
                Editing a comment
                I sent you an email. Please respond with your address. No idea why PM isn't working for you. I got PMs from everyone else after I fixed the inbox size.

• Josh
                Josh commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok.. I finally got your auger shipped out. Sorry it took a few extra days. Everybody should have them now. Bob, yours will be there early next week.

Alrighty. The old Copper email is no longer used. I have attempted to send you a PM and have had it either:

1) Go to a broken link page showing ridgidforum.com and your name with josh1 (<-I think) in the address bar.

2) Say that I have too many PM's in the inbox. States that 412 are there and a maximum of 400 is allowed. So I deleted around 15 of them. Tried again, same thing. Logged out, back in, exact same message. Still says I have 412 in there. And there is nothing at the bottom that let's you advance to the next page of say.....20, so you can check and delete them rapidly FYI.

There also should just be a link in anyone's post with a PM button in my opinion.

A valid email is [removed so you don't get spam]@gmail.com. I have to be honest though, It's been a good while since I've ran into a urinal auger situation for whatever reason. You might get better input locally.

​Thanks.
              Last edited by Josh; 05-27-2014, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Josh
                Josh commented
                Editing a comment
                The combo auger can be used for much more than urinals. just let us know what you use it on.

I received my auger today in good condition. Well packaged, as I've come to expect from Ridgid. Initial thoughts -

- it's too clean (LOL)
              - i'm itchin' to use it, just not on a urinal
              - it looks to be well designed, much the same as my other auger for toities
              - i like the little scraper auger head on the end
              - the included manual handle is good for when you dont want to break the porcelain with an impactor
              ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

• fixitright
                fixitright commented
                Editing a comment
                Nothing showed up here today. Tomorrow may be my Lucky day.
                I did get some new Ridgid and Eel cutters today.

Where's my UPS man?
                Last edited by fixitright; 05-28-2014, 09:32 PM.

I received my auger today. I love the visual appearance of it, way cool It also looks to be built to last.

It puts the general auger to shame. The cable seems more durable, the body more rigid.

Now the wait to use it on a urinal to see if it works.....
              Last edited by AssTyme; 05-29-2014, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Mine came in the mail yesterday. From first glance it looks well built.

I get an occasional nasty bar with who know's what in it.

Thanks Josh, look forward to using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                  I have 10 brand new K-1 Combo Augers that I want to give away. Here's how it works.

(drill not included)

Requirements
                  - First... you must be a plumber/drain cleaner/facilities maintenance technician
                  - Second... you must have posted on this forum prior to 5/12/2014

How you request one of the K-1s
                  - Post how you currently tackle blocked urinals and how well that method works for you.
                  - Tell us how you plan to use the K-1 (urinals, trap arms, showers, etc.)
                  - Promise to come back and post pics of how you used the tool and how you think it performed.
                  - PM me your shipping address and phone number.

I will ship a K-1 out to the first 10 who meet the requirements above.

Thanks, Josh
                  So you had 11 but one went to rick right off the bat. Lol

Comment

• Josh
                    Josh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not true.. He did test a prototype about a year ago though. What can I say... he is a great tester. Tries products out in all kinds of applications. Gives multiple rounds of honest feedback.

• NHMaster3015
                    NHMaster3015 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well.........mine came today and we put it right too use augering the centers urinals. It worked like a champ on the first 5 but on the 6th one the cutter jammed on something, the cable 1st kinked and then snapped off at the handle. We had a 18v Makita drill attached. It appears the cable won't take the stress of the drill. Anyway, I do and you for sending one out.
                Working...
                X