6 jetting jobs makes for a long day.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 jetting jobs makes for a long day.

today i performed 6 jetting jobs and between setting up a new 150' , and driving 24 miles total @ 9mph. added 2:42 to the day.

purchased a new 3/8'' x 150' jetter hose and before i used it, i color coded the distance every 10'.

what's great about sectionals , jetters and cameras, is the ability to duplicate measurements. cables come is 7.5', 10', and 15' sections. easy to duplicate a camera distance and root issue. hoses with colored electrical tape is easily marked. drum cables never held up good to painting them.

here's the way i do it.

rick.

wire and rope measurer i bought on ebay and had to repair/ rebuild it. my color code is red= 10', white is 20'. blue is 30', yellow is 40' and green is 50'. then it repeats 60 is red and so on. the tape actually wears good and is easily replaced as needed.

as you can see from the dash computer, my drive time and break downs. this is from my house to my shop, then 6 jobs and back home. it only gets a little better. in the 5 years ive owned this sprinter, it's life time average is 12 mph.

not sure how this compares to others in their town, but out here, 4 million people trying to get around is a drag.

Rick.
    Attached Files
    phoebe it is

Ahhh....so that's how you measure it. I actually measured with a tape measure....takes a long time!
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

ben, just clamp a 10' section of pvc in your tripod and start taping at each end. pull it through to the next tape mark and mark the other end.

ill show you saturday

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Awesome.,,,, 12 mph? That's ridiculous. Yeah you live in a very highly populated area.

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
          PLUMBER RICK commented
          Editing a comment
          Robert, you're also in a big city. How often do you tow your jetter? Any idea what your average speed, and drive times, mileage?

It can't be far off of mine in your city.

Rick.

Gotta love living in a highly populated area, plenty of business right down the street.

David

Comment

on the road my tractor goes faster than that,

and in the field the tires are turning at 6 mph,
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
            PLUMBER RICK commented
            Editing a comment
            Very true. But your closest neighbor is 1/2 mile away.
            I've got 2 more jetting jobs today that are 4 blocks from eachother. And 5 miles from my shop. I'll see if it's any better on a friday.

Rick.

• toolaholic
            toolaholic commented
            Editing a comment
            BHD We never saw such huge farm tractors as we saw in Ireland ! They also are on the Main Hi ways traveling Miles to different fields. My guess is soft muddy fields with all the rain . Sorry for the Hi Jack Rick

It's great how You safe Info for all Rick. You are 1 organized Monkey !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

• Mark7
            Mark7 commented
            Editing a comment
            I see you changed occupations.

8.5 MPG with a sprinter, that seems awfully low even with a trailer. I guess the traffic probably doesn't help.

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
            PLUMBER RICK commented
            Editing a comment
            my 5 year average is 12 mpg. i do very little freeway driving. but on the freeway i get 19-20. its a 1 ton 3500 so it's heavier and lower gear ratio in the rear end.

rick.

RICK,, yes long beach is a big city but BIG difference from your fancy neck of the woods. I like long beach cuz it's nothing but houses for the most part, easy to get around, even when traffic is high,, now just 15 minutes south into orange County it starts to get busy like you. Long Beach is a sleeper town. But to many people on low budgets.
          I'm still towing my jetter around alot (marketing) I've upsold quite a few jobs having it with me.
          I haven't check my gas mileage since the trailer (scared to) but before was about 11.5. Mph average,,, what ever the speed limit is...

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
            PLUMBER RICK commented
            Editing a comment
            Is that 11.5 mph or mpg?

Rick.

11. 5 mpg, I'm pretty much speed limit around here. I'm thinking your avg time mph figures in waiting at lights, stop signs etc,,, my garman for my road bicycle shuts down immediately when I come to a stop.

Comment

Yes Mark EZ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

When I was just there that's why I got out of town as fast as I could. I was already awake for over 24 hours and could not take being cut in front of if I left a mere 1 car length in front of me( a sign of weakness to be exploited) I use to drive in LA all the time but in a 1 ton it's not much fun.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

• theplungerman
                theplungerman commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah,,, Lots of duffus's out here

Ever had do condensate drains in a freezer. Oh baby what "B" of a job. Started at minus 20 but luckily we are out of summer and so the fridgy shut us off for the duration. Still bloody cold but. Biggest problem, two words - Forklift Drivers. They hit the drain and put a flat spot running back that filled with dirt and froze. Got that ***** but. Should have seen the outside wall where we coated the wall with the cr-p. BTW, undersized 50mm copper drain with ordinary heat trace. Shitty contractors doing cheap trashy jobs in the start.

Comment

Working...
              X