No announcement yet.

What's a decent brand name jetter hose?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is going to raise the blood pressure. I bought a 3/8 x 200 ridgid hose for 400. Bought a 1/4 x 100 piranaha slither hose for 120.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

• DATS
      DATS commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah Gear Junkie that certainly does. Even the local rep said the list price for the 1/4 ID was insane & he couldn't get the price much lower. Hows the Piranha hose working out (flex, non kinking & wear)? Cheers.

To be specific....I'm using piranha slither hose....not just piranha hose. Flex is good, non kinking....never had that had be an issue. Wear....I think it does fine but not sure of how long a hose should last.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Who do you buy your hose through? Do they have a website or contact info - cheers.

Comment

The ridgid hose I bought from AJ Coleman. The piranha slither hose was off ebay.

At the prices you're paying, I'd buy hose by the 1000' roll and make hoses myself and sell them to other plumbers.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

BTW...what kind of threads do they use there? NPT or BSP
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
            PLUMBER RICK commented
            Editing a comment
            bsp is what bill sells overseas.

rick.

BSP - Right on the money Rick. What's your favourite sewer hose Rick?

Comment

Ive had my better luck with hoses that have a harder finish. The softer hoses might be a litte more flexible, but they nick and catch much easier.

Rick.

phoebe it is

Comment

Are you talking heavy duty 2-wire type hose, or a specific brand?

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
                PLUMBER RICK commented
                Editing a comment
                No just the outer jacket is a harder finish. Not soft that rips and snags. Especially when running into tight turn styrene 90s. There is no real sweep on the fittings, just a tight turn. Also when jetting area drains, the debris, sand, gravel turns into a sand blaster on the hoses. Especially with a rootranger propelling the debris back.

Hard cover hoses wear much better than soft cover hoses that nick and tear easier and faster.

Rick.

Which hose do you prefer - if it's a trade secret, then you can always send it privately - I suspect folks Stateside wouldn't be too keen on paying my callout fee from NZ..lol.

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
                PLUMBER RICK commented
                Editing a comment
                some are stainless steel i have made and others ones ive had so long i can't remember the brand. i crimp my own ends and found the harder covers last much longer than the soft cover hoses. especially in area drains and with the root ranger.

rick.
            Working...
            X