Newbie Drain Cleaner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Drain Cleaner

I apologize in advance if these questions have been answered. I couldn't find them. I'm a newbie drain cleaner. I did new construction plumbing for 7 years and recently decided to do my own stuff. I get drain calls weekly so I broke down and got a used K750 and K400. I bought them both for a good price because the guy needed the money. 15 feet of the 3/4" K750 cable broke off. Inner core cable. Can this be welded back together or should do I need to buy a whole new cable? The 15 feet cable that is broken off has the cutter on it. The cable itself is not that old and in good shape. Am I suppose to keep something lubed on the K750 or K400? Both are auto feed. Any thing I need to know about these that aren't in the manuals?? Any info helps! Thanks

the question is why did it break. if it's acid damage, toss the cable. if you over stressed it and kinked it, then a new female connector can be installed.

personally the cable is questionable, i would toss it and start fresh.

welcome to the forum. read and learn from the forum. lots of good drain discussions.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Take it from me buddy..i lost 50' of 3/4 inner core cable today..going back tomorrow to get it out ...once I get it out in the trash it goes..would not risk it snapping off again. .my cables cost around 400$ for 100'.if you have a k750 then Allan j Coleman sells a ridgid/spartan cable (lock and pin style ) for around 175$ for 50 '.all u would need would be that to start off with ..then take your profits from a few jobs and grab (2) new 50 footers and there u go..

Comment

• itsjosh33
        itsjosh33 commented
        Editing a comment
        When you join cables like that will the coupling part going thru the auto feed alright?

• sewermonster85
        sewermonster85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep its no problem...

Or get 125 ' of magnum .66 cable and you got yourself a root killing beast in a k750...ask sewer rats hell tell ya...

Comment

Will 125' feet fit in the drum?

Comment

• sewermonster85
          sewermonster85 commented
          Editing a comment
          If it's .66 magnum cable it will..
      Working...
      X