Cleaning your machines??!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning your machines??!

How does everyone clean and maintenance their drum machines? What type of lube or greaser do you use and on what? I'm new and learning the ways of drain cleaning. It's a whole new ball game then what I'm used to. Some days I'd rather be doing a rough in or top out but drain business is picking up I have a k750 and k400 im using right now until I build up my business. Thanks Josh.

there use to be a drain cable oil. snake oil, but between all the regulations and msds, it might be hard to find now. some use wd40. other used motor oil, even diesel fuel.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick

Comment

I used snake oil a LOT back in the day. here it is:

http://www.faucetdepot.com/faucetdep...FUSSjgod0wIAoA
        ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

I just use WD40 after every job. I use marine grease in a grease gun for the zerk fittings, since I have it already for the boat and trailer. Grease twice a year as of right now. The WD40 is for the cable.
          Last edited by Plumbducky; 07-03-2014, 07:57 PM. Reason: just to add info

Comment

Wd40 for my cables ...and I grease my spartan 1065s once a month..it really helps...my K 375 I grease behind the drum once a month and Wd40 the cable and drop head..my pistol rods now...I always remove the cable from the drill after every use..cuts down on rust.

Comment

I don't clean my Gorlitz, their bullet proof, I hit the zerk fittings once it starts to squeal.

Comment

Grease lightning for the body, wd40 for the cables.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                X