jetter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jetter

4,00.00 psi@4gpm...can it handle residential roots in 4"-6" clay...1/4" I d hose...honda powered engine

I think Gear Junkie use to run something similar (might have been 4.5-GPM). With Root Ranger nozzle it should clear many a 4" & some 6" depending on the root density. Gear Junkie has just upgraded to a 5.5-GPM / 5000-PSI unit which is really popular down under & 3/16 & 1/4 are the most common hose sizes used, + there are ton's of nozzle options (check out Gear Junkies Forum posts on the Warthog Head).

If possible I would recommend trying to get something similar & no less than 4000-PSI to account for hose loss. My buddy runs a 5.5-GPM / 4350-PSI Hawk pump at approximately 300 RPM over standard (he's running BP 98 Unleaded & it gives more power) so its pumping closer to 8-GPM. He runs 3/16 & 1/4 & it even with the pressure loss it MONSTERS roots & pulls like a bull on heat.

Having 5.5 - 6.5-GPM allows you to to also venture into the world of the Warthog head & a 5.5-GPM will make faster work of your drain clearing

I've just switched out my pump from 11-GPM to 8-GPM to increase my PSI & its really really good, but I have a KJ-2200 I use with the Root Ranger as my portable machine - actually take it off the truck to the clean out area, which for me can be up to 600 + feet away from truck. If I'm dealing with roots, I have to use the RR to get the best out of it & its done surprisingly well at only 2200-PSI & 2.4-GPM. I have sourced a GX160 head & this will up its compression & with a few other tweaks it should go from 6.5-HP to approximately 9 to 10-HP. I will then change out the pump to 4000-PSI.

Comment

• sewermonster85
      sewermonster85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice dats..I.appreciate your wisdom sir...thank you

So do u think this set up would do

Comment

4gpm 3500 will handle roots in 6" no problem with a root ranger. However....that amazing machinery jetter I would stay away from. I've heard too many bad things about that jetter setup. Sorry kinda tired but give me any specific questions and I'll answer them to the best I can in the morning.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

• sewermonster85
        sewermonster85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey gear Is it the set up itself or the pump or a specific part that's the issue? I don't want to spend a fortune on a start up kit...I just wanna learn the ropes and test the waters...then if all goes well then maybe a trailer jetter..that's why I was thinking it would be ok...

4gpm with a root ranger will shred roots. Just keep the 1/4" hose down to a minimum. Use 3/8" jumper hose if need be to keep the psi up,
      but realize that if the line is compleatly plugged, a root ranger might not penetrate the stoppage. You need to bust a hole in the roots first.

the advantage I have is enough water , up to 18 gpm to put a good 4 gpm up front to break a hole Iin the stoppage first and still travel forward. but if you can get the rotor to the roots, 4 gpm will destroy the roots. But you need to rotate the hose to cover the line 100%. Of course a good camera inspection first will allow you to home into the issues and transfer the marks to your jet hose.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        4gpm with a root ranger will shred roots. Just keep the 1/4" hose down to a minimum. Use 3/8" jumper hose if need be to keep the psi up, but realize that if the line is compleatly plugged, a root ranger might not penetrate the stoppage. You need to bust a hole in the roots first. the advantage I have is enough water , up to 18 gpm to put a good 4 gpm up front to break a hole Iin the stoppage first and still travel forward. but if you can get the rotor to the roots, 4 gpm will destroy the roots. But you need to rotate the hose to cover the line 100%. Of course a good camera inspection first will allow you to home into the issues and transfer the marks to your jet hose. Rick.
        now rick how's about water? Do I have a storage tank full of water or just hook up a garden hose from a silcock from the customer s water supply?? I'm only familiar with trailer jetters these cart jetters are confusing to me

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
          PLUMBER RICK commented
          Editing a comment
          4 gpm is no problem out here on a garden hose. not sure how your area is set up. but 4 gpm is on the low side for hoses.

Rick.

Here's what I would buy http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/tls/4556855337.html I'm not a huge fan of JNW but this priced right.

I'm not a fan of amazing machinery jetter because their customer service is seriously lacking and there are way better deals out there. The AR pump on that is weak quality. Plus at 4gpm, you can only use one nozzle...the 3R. Plus you also need a foot pedal which it doesn't have. If you really want to go bare bones on a budget....buy a pressure washer off craigslist, buy a foot pedal, root ranger and jetter hose.

I rarely use my snakes anymore. I try to jet as much as possible now.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

That 9 gpm 4000 big brute is a great deal. I'm thinking you could probably get it down to 5k. 9 gpm 4k psi does a great job with a 3/8 warthog. I was told 6gpm 4k psi was going g to be no problem with roots with a root ranger. I disagree. Maybe cause I'm 55 and didn't want to deal with the serious blow back and the manipulation it takes. I also had several other jobs I couldn't clear w/o quite a bit of effort. I'm almost on my 2nd year year of jetting and I would reccomend not going under 9gpm. Make sure you are convinced you know exactly what you can and can't do. Sure you can clear a knarly blockage with 4gpm but not as quick as this ol guy wanted or without pushrod tricks.

Comment

Thank u gentleman for all your help...I pulled the trigger on a set up...I'll post pics when it comes ...hopefully by next week...

Comment

Aw come on....we can't wait that long! what did you get?
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Now before u say I told u so gear...lol a buddy of mine has a brand new hawk pump that he said he can retro fit on the unit.also I ordered the piranha slither hose ...got a pretty decent deal..had to outsource the r r because they don't carry it..the nozzles I have a machine shop who can drill them to exact spects...I ordered 200' of 1/4" I'd hose and it has a different caddy then the one that's pictured...I hope I didn't goof....I was going to pay for the unit in full then the guy suggested finacing ...get this.. 68$ a month for 24 months...that's like a weeks worth of d d coffee for me ...lol I'll give it a try and see how it works..estimated delivery is for 7 to 10 days...I bought my first camera from these guys a while ago..it wasn't bad ..it was actually pretty good..but I made enogh off of it to purchase my see snake..it was used but for 3 k with a scout and 225 ' of cable and a cs6 monitor ...I couldn't pass it up

Comment

• sewermonster85
                  sewermonster85 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And i ordered a foot switch...out the door.(without the RR) under 2k...he tossed in the nozzle kit and the piranha hose upgrade.the hawk pump (or cat pump i cant remember which one it is ) my buddy has to install and pay him for that..i hope I did well with my first jetter...
                  Last edited by sewermonster85; 07-11-2014, 04:51 AM.

• DATS
                  DATS commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hawk pumps are near bulletproof so definitely bolt that puppy on. Good choice with the hose size too as the 3/8 Piranha slither in my opinion is too stiff around traps, especially as its seems rather stiff 3-4" back from the crimp fitting.

Please don't beat me up guys...lol

Comment

Working...
                X